Default Does my intended use of NG Firewall qualify for the Home Protect Basic or Plus plan??

Hello,
    I wondering if my intended use of either the NG Firewall Home Basic or Plus qualifies for the use of the license. I'm currently under the 14day trial period. I like the firewall but do not want to invest too much time setting things up if I'm in violation for the use policy. If I'm in violation, then I'll invest my time in setting up PFSense.

Basically I have two homes with a direct fiber WAN connection with no maximum payload restriction. I want to implement a 24/7, gateway to gateway VPN between the to homes so that I basically have one, seamless network between the two locations. There will be a firewall appliance(multiport Protectli's) at each end. I'm implementing video surveillance and want to have real time viewing from either location. There is also computing resources that I don't want to have to duplicate(and don't have to because of the low latency of the VPN) so I'll have thin clients at one end or the other.

So it's a home application but because to the VPN connection, it my look like a business with a remote location.

This is considered home use. SDWAN would be an ideal solution at the second house and NGFW on the first house.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Great......because I'm really liking the product so far!!
    dashpuppy likes this.

Untangler

I am doing just that with 2 locations and 2 Home licenses.

The standard OpenVPN package is extremely straightforward to configure for site-to-site.

Note that with OpenVPN, you may have a hard time exceeding 100-200Mbps.

Wireguard may be faster but it's not part of the "Home Basic" subscription.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by LaurentR View Post
    I am doing just that with 2 locations and 2 Home licenses.

The standard OpenVPN package is extremely straightforward to configure for site-to-site.

Note that with OpenVPN, you may have a hard time exceeding 100-200Mbps.

Wireguard may be faster but it's not part of the "Home Basic" subscription.
    Or you could do ipsec.
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!