Untanglit

Default NG Firewall Software/Hardware comparison

I am currently using a Palo Alto Firewall and looking for something comparable and cheaper. This is for my home network so looking at Home basic vs Home plus. What are the main differences for these and what are things I will definitely miss with basic vs plus?

Is anyone using HaaS for an appliance? Can you send it back if you don't like the product at any given time? Can you buy it outright at a later date and apply what you been paying monthly to that point?

What are some other options for hardware that are being used?

Does this perform layer 7 application firewalling? How granular is the web filtering?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenjwilliams83 View Post
    I am currently using a Palo Alto Firewall and looking for something comparable and cheaper. This is for my home network so looking at Home basic vs Home plus. What are the main differences for these and what are things I will definitely miss with basic vs plus?
    The difference is which apps are included and how many hosts will be scanned. https://www.untangle.com/solutions/u...-home/#compare

Is anyone using HaaS for an appliance? Can you send it back if you don't like the product at any given time? Can you buy it outright at a later date and apply what you been paying monthly to that point?
    HaaS has a 12 month minimum subscription period. I would email sales about the other questions.

Just about any hardware will run Untangle NGFW. Choosing one depends on budget, number of hosts, and performance required.

Does this perform layer 7 application firewalling? How granular is the web filtering?
    Yes, layer 7 is done in the apps, layer 3 is in the networking section. More details on Web Filter here. https://www.untangle.com/shop/web-filter/

Also there is a demo at http://demo.untangle.com/admin/index.do
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Can you give us some more information ? What is your WAN speed up & down ? How many home users ? How many network devices ? Do you have any servers / devices behind it ? Need VPN ?
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Master Untangler

Did you move away from the PA device? I've been looking at the PA-410 and PA-440.