Default Would like to see a real HA option

I have been using Untangle for 2 years now and love the product. I know you can set up VRRP to have 2 set as active/passive, but would love to see a real HA option where there is a heartbeat cable and you manage both as a single firewall.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Keithl View Post
    I have been using Untangle for 2 years now and love the product. I know you can set up VRRP to have 2 set as active/passive, but would love to see a real HA option where there is a heartbeat cable and you manage both as a single firewall.
    I'm actually working on this right now ! Have a pair of Lenovo RS140's ready to go, just waiting for the pair of quad port nic's to arrive.
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

VRRP isn't "fake HA", but it's not active-active clustering. VRRP CAN be active-active, but Untangle doesn't support it that way.

We have Command Center now, but no configuration sync.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    VRRP isn't "fake HA", but it's not active-active clustering. VRRP CAN be active-active, but Untangle doesn't support it that way.

My first VRRP setup was with a pair of Fortinet 61e units i got free from work with a 1 year subscription across the pair HA across the lan & wan ! photo_2022-01-01_18-52-11.jpg

Note the UT-1 & UT-2 Units waiting for the Untangle VRRP setup
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post

Not saying it is fake, and I am fine with active/passive, but I want to manage them as a single firewall not having to worry about settings getting out of sync. I have Protectli device and everything is non-redundant. I have 2 ISPs so if my firewall crashes I am out until I fix it. for now I am going to use a space PC as the VRRP option, but that requires sync all changes.