Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
    Would love a 1U half depth SuperMicro server, got a Dell R220 sat in the corner unplugged at the moment as I'm back on an Atom unit atm.
    I bought this board,
    Other than the fact it was harder to find ram, its perfect. I had the option to go 2 x 4gig sticks for 60$ or 2 x 8gig sticks for 64$.. ERM.. so..

This is an older picture of my rack, probably right after I installed the unit to get it up and running, rack has changed over the last few months.

Master Untangler

Last edited by mikeyscott; 02-06-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Master Untangler

This is the 1U Supermicro appliances we have been using. We're getting pretty good pricing for these units..sub $600 before adding memory and SSD....

Zero complaints, zero issues, nice and fast with all the options/features you could want for a security appliance/firewall.

https://www.supermicro.com/en/produc...D-4C-FN8TP.cfm

dashpuppy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    I have have many UT units without a monitor and keyboard working fine for years.
    Yep, I have two that don't need it and one that won't boot otherwise. The problem with the one is entirely in the BIOS before the OS starts to load.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by defcomllc View Post
    This is the 1U Supermicro appliances we have been using. We're getting pretty good pricing for these units..sub $600 before adding memory and SSD....

Zero complaints, zero issues, nice and fast with all the options/features you could want for a security appliance/firewall.

This is the one i really wanted but they all started at 900$ Canadian and up plus shipping and brokerage fees etc etc. one day ill find one I mean i just need the motherboard and back io shield and i'm good but ill keep poking around on ebay.

Master Untangler

Similar to what I was looking at, but no stock in the UK.

I'll leave my PowerEdge R220 to collect a bit more dust
    dashpuppy likes this.

Untangler

Just noticed my Untangle is on 16.5.0 already. That pushed out faster then expected. All is well!

Quote Originally Posted by djrees View Post
    Just noticed my Untangle is on 16.5.0 already. That pushed out faster then expected. All is well!
    If you are on the early adopters or priority list, it was pushed out mid week. We have started the rollout over the coming weeks.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by defcomllc View Post

That looks really awesome! How loud is it?

I've currently got a similar front I/O 2U chassis with 80mm fans which is pretty much silent on the other side of a door once it's finished POST, I'd be interested in knowing if something like that with Noctua fans in a 1U could be kept at a reasonable noise level in a home.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroteq View Post
    That looks really awesome! How loud is it?

I've currently got a similar front I/O 2U chassis with 80mm fans which is pretty much silent on the other side of a door once it's finished POST, I'd be interested in knowing if something like that with Noctua fans in a 1U could be kept at a reasonable noise level in a home.
    I have simular devices, I changed the stock fans to Noctua's and its silent and been running year now. Quad core Atom.. The picture above has dual 10gig nic's Soon i'll have that !

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast