Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    My crystal ball is stuck on debian buster. Wishing for that to upgrade too.
    Well rub it harder damnit, we are all waiting for this show to go on !! As i wait, I've been using opnsense and learning that..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    Well rub it harder damnit, we are all waiting for this show to go on !! As i wait, I've been using opnsense and learning that..
    If Arista doesn't convince itself it needs to give way the VPN terminators... and I mean ALL of them... We're all going to have to OPNSense.

The problem I have with that is Wireguard... Wireguard is a LINUX project, and the BSD ports all have problems. So a Linux based open source router that can do what opnsense does would be preferable. NGFW could fit that role nicely, should the owners of it actually care to be that unique product on the shelf.

Sell support, leave the product open.
    mikeyscott, dashpuppy and donhwyo like this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

I don't think Untangle's / Arista's NGFW is looking particularly bright these days. I can't even get a where can I buy 710P based switches, so will be going HPE Aruba and an alternative FW.

I'm not a big spender at all, but when it comes to my day job - Arista, who? Won't even be considered.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
    I don't think Untangle's / Arista's NGFW is looking particularly bright these days. I can't even get a where can I buy 710P based switches, so will be going HPE Aruba and an alternative FW.

I'm not a big spender at all, but when it comes to my day job - Arista, who? Won't even be considered.
    Do you know how many G-damn emails I get a week about HEY your the Untangle video guy, do you know about v17 yet, OR hey when are you going to review the new Arista wifi & switches.

My reply usually is NO CLUE, I have asked many times and all I get is we don't have stock. I have 465 subscribers and i bet 90% of those are Untangle people following and watching content, 100% of those are all asking about these things and I feel like I'm getting let down, and I'm also letting them down.

I have relationships with Scott Brian & Heather but they all say the same thing.. so.. Maybe it means to change course ?
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Master Untangler

I’ve considered jumping back to opnsense on my home network. I love untangle for small businesses, but everything has been way too quiet since the buyout. We have no clue if they are going to tank the firewall or if they plan on doing anything. We’ve been on v16 for two years, and they were doing a new major release once a year. I’m
    Worried the product is going to be canned.
    mikeyscott likes this.

Master Untangler

I use Aruba switches and access points. Their service has been great so far. Even the small business line with the 1930 switches has been great. The wonky thing about Aruba access points is the need to use an actual controller or their cloud version. The cost is substantial, but the access points work very well. I’ve completely ditched ubiquiti except for long distance stuff.
    mikeyscott likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by flynhawaiian View Post
    I use Aruba switches and access points. Their service has been great so far. Even the small business line with the 1930 switches has been great. The wonky thing about Aruba access points is the need to use an actual controller or their cloud version. The cost is substantial, but the access points work very well. I’ve completely ditched ubiquiti except for long distance stuff.
    The free cloud controller for AIO works very well, the app on the phone is really nice too! I run ALL AIO and aruba stuff & even do videos for Aruba AIO content

Master Untangler

My problem with the aio cloud is you can’t use local configuration with the cloud stuff. The cloud is more limited than the local control.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by flynhawaiian View Post
    My problem with the aio cloud is you can’t use local configuration with the cloud stuff. The cloud is more limited than the local control.
    Yup, but its getting better and better every month.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    Yup, but its getting better and better every month.
    Main think for me re Aruba AIO is the warranty too rather than the lottery for Unifi support and RMA process. I'm waiting for a 1930 Arubia AIO switch, but been told it'll be a few months at least.

Unifi I messaged re a known issue on one of their switch lines re a rev. My switch was showing issues relating to the rev, they'd previously replaced these. My response from them, and... buy another newer one. Don't think so.

So the plan is to sell all my kit hopefully for a profit / near what I paid for it, move to an alternative. Would I recommend Unifi as a whole - no. It's done the job, but their support and software QC is a joke. If you mention this on redditt or their forums, the fanbois all have a tantrum

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast