Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75
  1. #61
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    So do we have any idea what's up with untangle? Is this the last version? They bailing on us or what?

  2. #62
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I hope it's not the final release, I have been a loyal customer for over 4 years. If the writing is on the wall I better start brushing up on competing products such as pfSense.

  3. #63
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flynhawaiian View Post
    So do we have any idea what's up with untangle? Is this the last version? They bailing on us or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by RonV42 View Post
    I hope it's not the final release, I have been a loyal customer for over 4 years. If the writing is on the wall I better start brushing up on competing products such as pfSense.
    Relax, they are working on V17. Untangle > Arista isn't going anywhere.. They are all super busy ATM with the new merge to new company things are coming along !!
    RonV42 likes this.

  4. #64
    Untangler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Hard to see what they are doing since they closed access to the jira. Git suggests they may have resumed working on 17 in the last couple of weeks.
    https://github.com/untangle/ngfw_src...pr+is%3Aclosed

    All we can do is guess and hope!

  5. #65
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    Hard to see what they are doing since they closed access to the jira. Git suggests they may have resumed working on 17 in the last couple of weeks.
    https://github.com/untangle/ngfw_src...pr+is%3Aclosed

    All we can do is guess and hope!
    I'll post some information in a bit here, just waiting for Permission..

  6. #66
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    When I looked at GIT alot of the more active programmers no longer are submitting commits. So I'm not sure what's going on. It's just incredibly quiet, and has not been this quiet in a very long time.

  7. #67
    Untangler jcoffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    9,756

    Default

    We are actively working on several projects. Some of the projects are not part of public Github repository (MFW for instance) which is the reason the public view does not seem to be much activity. Rest assured we are working on NGFW and MFW.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 06-26-2022 at 11:14 PM.
    mikeyscott and RonV42 like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  8. #68
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Good to know. It just seems incredibly quiet. Plus you were releasing a major update every year then stopped for likely because of Covid. Just seems like there’s no longer any way for us to know what’s been going on at all. We used to be able to see active projects, but that seems to be gone ��

  9. #69
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    We are actively working on several projects. Some of the projects are not part of public Github repository (MFW for instance) which is the reason the public view does not seem to be much activity. Rest assured we are working on NGFW and MFW.
    MFW - Managed Firewall ?

    Hopefully with Arista's resources more development capacity.

  10. #70
    Untangler jcoffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    9,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
    MFW - Managed Firewall ?

    https://www.untangle.com/untangle-micro-edge/
    dashpuppy and mikeyscott like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2