Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by cholzer View Post
    Somehow I'd like Untangle to have a feature that shows me every device that is present on the local network.

Would such make a good feature suggestion or are there other/better tools that already take care of monitoring what is present on the network?
    Aren't you using some form of cloud key/controller anyway though? It's good practice to keep an eye on things there also if it's something you use. It will give you insights to network usage of any cameras you have on there too.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by nowebpresence View Post
    Aren't you using some form of cloud key/controller anyway though? It's good practice to keep an eye on things there also if it's something you use. It will give you insights to network usage of any cameras you have on there too.
    I do.
    But see my reply below why I think it would be useful to see all devices on my network in Untangle's 'devices'.

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Get a managed switch.
    I do have a managed switch.

I just thought that it would be neat to see all devices on my network under "devices" so that I can i.e. associate them with a specific user, even if that device has not (yet) connected to the internet.

Besides using the user to create reports I just find it useful to know to whom a device on the network belongs by associating it to a user.
    Last edited by cholzer; 02-16-2022 at 11:19 PM.

The easiest way to ensure your Device tab is filled, is to make sure Untangle is the DHCP server for the network. If it hands out an address, Untangle knows about it and fills in the appropriate details.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

The easiest way to ensure your Device tab is filled, is to make sure Untangle is the DHCP server for the network. If it hands out an address, Untangle knows about it and fills in the appropriate details.
    Mine's never done that but I did set them statically anyway. Plus I just added them via MAC address to the device list just so I know they're there. Kind of an is-what-it-is situation. No firewall will do everything you want it to unfortunately.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Untanglit

All my devices get their IP's from Untangle - including that Unifi Camera (as I can see when I look at the DHCP tab).
    However that camera does not show up under 'devices'.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by cholzer View Post
    All my devices get their IP's from Untangle - including that Unifi Camera (as I can see when I look at the DHCP tab).
    However that camera does not show up under 'devices'.
    Factory reset it ? I have seen a few come that were static ip for some really weird reason, factory resetting it, fixed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12