Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default Can't find how to send an alert email when someone logs in or makes config change

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question and has been answered before. I searched the forum and web and just don't find how to accomplish this. I'm new to Untangle and have the Home Basic version.

When I or my wife logs into the admin GUI and/or make a change to the Untangle config in any way, I'd like it to send an alert email that someone logged in or made a config change. I'm not finding how to do this (but again, am new and don't understand much about how to configure Untangle. I'm watching a lot of videos to learn though).

I have the test emails working and can receive the test emails. Don't know how to set up the rest.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by rkhanso View Post
    I'm sorry if this is a dumb question and has been answered before. I searched the forum and web and just don't find how to accomplish this. I'm new to Untangle and have the Home Basic version.

When I or my wife logs into the admin GUI and/or make a change to the Untangle config in any way, I'd like it to send an alert email that someone logged in or made a config change. I'm not finding how to do this (but again, am new and don't understand much about how to configure Untangle. I'm watching a lot of videos to learn though).

I have the test emails working and can receive the test emails. Don't know how to set up the rest.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    I believe you have to do this from the CMD, Log into untangle.com/cmd go to Alerts at the top, then click Alert Rules.

Untangler

You can do this on the Untangle itself. Go into Config > Alerts and add a rule. The description can be whatever you want. The class is AdminLoginEvent. Add the condition called succeeded then set it to is True. Under Perform the following action(s), choose Log and Send Email. This will send an email to whatever email address is under the admin login under Config > Administration.
    rkhanso likes this.

Yep, you have both. Be careful! Because if you do it in both places you WILL get duplicates!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by zac1333 View Post
    You can do this on the Untangle itself. Go into Config > Alerts and add a rule. The description can be whatever you want. The class is AdminLoginEvent. Add the condition called succeeded then set it to is True. Under Perform the following action(s), choose Log and Send Email. This will send an email to whatever email address is under the admin login under Config > Administration.
    Thanks.
    This appears to send an email when anyone logs into the Firewall? It did work to send an email when I logged in.
    What would I use if I want to send an email only if there is a configuration change made?

I think it would be Class: SettingsChangesEvent
    Condition: settingsFile: Contains (and then I need a value). I'm not sure what to put in for a value. I tried untangle-vm/networks.js-version but that didn't send an email.
    Last edited by rkhanso; 02-27-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Untangler

I changed the filename to contain events.js-version-
    That didn't work either. Not sure what to use.

Attachment 11524

Untangler

I tried putting * at the beginning and end of the file name in the Contains Value field. That didn't work either
    *events.js-version-*

There are events showing up in the logs, but not sending an email. The logs at the top are after I changed the Contains Value field again - to just *events*

Attachment 11525

Untangler

This doesn't appear to be the way to set up an alert though. Because the filename changed is different for the type of config change made.
    I opened a ticket with Untangle to see if they can give me some direction.

Untangler

While waiting for Untangle support, does anyone know what I should use for the Contains Value field?
    Or am I going about this the wrong way?

It looks like my screenshots above didn't stick.
    Untangle3.png

Untangle4.png

Untangler

I have to be going about this the wrong way. I don't think what I've been trying even matches up to each other.
    I see in the Reports section, under Administration, there's "All Settings Changes" which seems to record when any change to the firewall is made.
    I'm not seeing anything under the Config | Events | Alerts | Rules that matches up to look for new entries in that report to alert on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast