Master Untangler

Default DynDNS Not Updating Suddenly

I have 1 NG Firewall deployment out there that doesnt have a static IP. They have a DynDNS.org account.. They used to run the DynDNS Update client on one of their always on Windows PC's to keep their DynDNS Hostname updated when their IP changes...

I switched them over to using DynDNS updating about a year ago right in Untangle under Config>Hostname>Dynamic DNS Service Configuration.... all had been working great for many many months.

I just noticed some of their services at their location that rely on this DynDNS hostname always having the correct IP are not working. I logged into their DynDNS.org account online and it shows the old/last IP and says it hasnt updated since 2/9/22...

Why is UT not updating the DynDNS hostname with the correct IP all of a sudden????? It looks like the IP just changed this week... Could this possibly be the result of this NG Firewall deployment auto updating to 16.5???

How do I get DynDNS within NG Firewall to update??
    Last edited by defcomllc; 03-02-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by defcomllc View Post
    I have 1 NG Firewall deployment out there that doesnt have a static IP. They have a DynDNS.org account.. They used to run the DynDNS Update client on one of their always on Windows PC's to keep their DynDNS Hostname updated when their IP changes...

I switched them over to using DynDNS updating about a year ago right in Untangle under Config>Hostname>Dynamic DNS Service Configuration.... all had been working great for many many months.

I just noticed some of their services at their location that rely on this DynDNS hostname always having the correct IP are not working. I logged into their DynDNS.org account online and it shows the old/last IP and says it hasnt updated since 2/9/22...

Why is UT not updating the DynDNS hostname with the correct IP all of a sudden????? It looks like the IP just changed this week... Could this possibly be the result of this NG Firewall deployment auto updating to 16.5???

How do I get DynDNS within NG Firewall to update??
    I was just thinking about this, are you able to remove the DynDNS information, then re-add it then see if that fixes it ? Possible glitch when updating to 16.5 ? I just noticed my box updated over night and its working ok so far, but will be closly watching..

Master Untangler

I did do exactly that. Removed...saved...re-added and saved...did not update. For a short term fix, I logged nto DyDNS online acct and manually updated IP for the hostname and serviced are working properly again.....

Not sure what NGFW isn't updating
    dashpuppy likes this.

Untangler

I have been using this for years...

https://www.duckdns.org/

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by DWomack View Post

Good service but the issue is on the Untangle FW, for some reason.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by DWomack View Post

Ive been using DynDNS for 22yr and never had a problem using their DynDNS Update Client. As stated in my OP, the issue isnt with the DynDNS service, NGFW stopped updating......
    dashpuppy likes this.