Default Veeam backup of Untangle host

Dear community,

Not sure if this is the right forums, apologize in advance.

Does someone have experience setting up the Veeam backup for the untangle machine?

I've been trying to create a backup using the Veeam agent for Linux but always end up here

Code:
    Failed to create volume snapshot
    Failed to take volume snapshot
    Failed to perform backup
    Child execution has failed. Exit code: [1]
    Failed to load module [veeamsnap] with parameters [zerosnapdata=1 debuglogging=0 snapstore_block_size_pow=14 change_tracking_block_size_pow=18 logdir=/var/log/veeam fixflags=0 logmaxsize=15728640]
    Processing finished with errors
    which shows me that veeamsnap is not correctly installed by checking with

Code:
    [root @ untangle] ~ # modprobe veeamsnap
    modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'veeamsnap': Exec format error
    I have tried reinstalling it with DKMS but same result.

Currently using Untangle 15.1.1 - which I want to backup first before upgrading.

Thank you.

Untangler

Why not just grab a config backup from inside Untangle, then grab the installer for v15.1.1. If the upgrade fails (it likely won't), then you can reload a fresh copy of 15.1.1, restore the backup, then upgrade to the latest build from the built-in upgrade feature?

FYI: Changes and packages installed on the CLI will cause issues on upgrade.

dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

You could use cloezilla or similar to do the backup.

Master Untangler

OP, you could put the firewall in a Virtual environment and then use Veeam to back up the vm. Did it and it worked 100%..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Default Ridicilous!

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    OP, you could put the firewall in a Virtual environment and then use Veeam to back up the vm. Did it and it worked 100%..
    RIDICILOUS!
    Many Small Businesses use Untangle among other Servers and if it is the answer then what is the point in using it at all?
    I must do that. A VM hosted by Red Hat then Veeam having to take care of the backups.
    I even tried to install the Linux Agent inside Untangle and there was nothing I could do as there was always missing dependency of that sort... I wonder if it is worth the $25 a month as other than for the TunnelVPN the rest is better elsewhere... And most times for free!

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by empf1969 View Post
    RIDICILOUS!
    Many Small Businesses use Untangle among other Servers and if it is the answer then what is the point in using it at all?
    I must do that. A VM hosted by Red Hat then Veeam having to take care of the backups.
    I even tried to install the Linux Agent inside Untangle and there was nothing I could do as there was always missing dependency of that sort... I wonder if it is worth the $25 a month as other than for the TunnelVPN the rest is better elsewhere... And most times for free!
    Are you here to just troll ?
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Obviously... literally no other router on the shelf that does what Untangle does even lets you have command line access to install anything, much less support it.

If you need HA, VRRP and config backup is what you do. Or redundant hypervisors with automatic migration (vmotion).
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com