Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    Double nat is brobably not the problem it is blamed for most of the time. The whole world is behind some ( multiple ) level of nat. It is not that hard to work around. I put a wrt1900acs with untangle micro edge in front of my untangle and had no problems. When untangle dropped support for it I switched to openwrt and still no problem.
    Good luck
    I just did a video on the 1900 with 3.0. About to get a 3200 and put 4.0 / 4.1 on it Good stable fast boxes too!

I have a Linksys running v3.0 up over 90 days without issue. It would be up longer if the power was more reliable there. Linksys 3200 or 32x is able to run v4.0 which has web filtering. This a great so I don't have to tunnel web traffic to the main NGFW for filtering.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    I have a Linksys running v3.0 up over 90 days without issue. It would be up longer if the power was more reliable there. Linksys 3200 or 32x is able to run v4.0 which has web filtering. This a great so I don't have to tunnel web traffic to the main NGFW for filtering.
    I'm waiting to pull a 3200 out of service and going to Flash it with 4.0 I love how the Linksys can run 2 isolated ssid's AKA guest and private. BUT the E6w can't..

Untangler

Looks like they have now dropped all linksys support now.
    https://forums.untangle.com/micro-ed...available.html
    But openwrt is still available for free.

Yep, no more Linksys builds but I rather use an older Untangle MFW build than the base OpenWRT.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 07-15-2022 at 03:14 PM.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Yep, no more Linksys builds but I rather use an older Untangle MFW build than the base OpenWRT.
    Well older untangle ui is probably easier to use but I think you might be surprised by the performance of the newer 22.03 rc's. I can feel it on my antiquated isp.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    Well older untangle ui is probably easier to use but I think you might be surprised by the performance of the newer 22.03 rc's. I can feel it on my antiquated isp.
    It can't do anything near what Untangle / Edge can.

Untangler

It does what I need and what the op seems to be asking about. And on hardware untangle no longer supports. Not to mention much quicker security updates.
    Last edited by donhwyo; 07-15-2022 at 07:14 PM.
    bokolobs likes this.

Untanglit

Spent the whole day installing and setting up pfSense. Was able to setup WAN failover and VLANs. Not very straightforward, but manageable. I just followed a couple of YouTube videos. But then I couldn’t update or upgrade to pfSense plus after registration. Ok, that’s fine. But I also couldn’t install packages. I kept getting the “Unable to retrieve package information” and “Unable to check for updates” errors. Did a reinstall and repeated all of the above. Same thing.

So… I installed Untangle and setup everything in 30 minutes. I’m doing the 14-day trial and might just pay for the Protect Plus after.

Thanks for all your help.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by bokolobs View Post
    Spent the whole day installing and setting up pfSense. Was able to setup WAN failover and VLANs. Not very straightforward, but manageable. I just followed a couple of YouTube videos. But then I couldn’t update or upgrade to pfSense plus after registration. Ok, that’s fine. But I also couldn’t install packages. I kept getting the “Unable to retrieve package information” and “Unable to check for updates” errors. Did a reinstall and repeated all of the above. Same thing.

So… I installed Untangle and setup everything in 30 minutes. I’m doing the 14-day trial and might just pay for the Protect Plus after.

Thanks for all your help.
    Let us know if you need any help. I replied to your thread on Reddit.
    bokolobs likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast