Default 2 notes on the Information dashboard widget

I was looking at my dashboard today and I noticed two issues on the Information widget
    information widget.png

First, if you can see the image, it shows 16.74GB RAM. I happen to know there are two 8 GB sticks, because I put them there. It seems like maybe something is confusing Gigabytes vs Gibibytes, and dividing by 1,000,000,000 instead of 1,073,741,824. That's such a minor bug, but it was still surprising.

Second, this may have been asked before, but it would be really nice to see the kernel version on this page. Would save me a few clicks on occasion.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

16.74GB RAM is what is reported by the Debian base OS. cat /proc/meminfo or free -g -h -t. What physically memory is installed is not always the amount the OS can use, shared video, cache, etc.

General the kernel version is all the same on a given NGFW version.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 09-08-2022 at 06:16 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

That Which Lurks Below

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    …this may have been asked before, but it would be really nice to see the kernel version on this page. Would save me a few clicks on occasion.
    I'm not sure it has, honestly! It's pretty rare that someone would need to know the specific kernel version, in my experience. That said, you're more than welcome to submit a Feedback site request for it: log into ETM Dashboard, click the question-mark icon at the top right, and click 'Suggest Idea' to go straight to it.

Suggest Idea.png
    Last edited by gravenscroft; 09-09-2022 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spacing
    Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
    ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
    he/him
    Please don't reboot your NGFW.
    How can we make Arista ETM products better?

Dashboard widgets are simply reports

Go to Reports -> View/Run to get a list of reports in the system, and to be able to create them. Set up a filter on the records, then you can chose the type of report that you want.

After the reports are available, when adding a widget, set your "Widget Category" to reports. By default, it will show anything that you've made, but if you want to see more, click the funnel under the dropdown for options.

That Which Lurks Below

Quote Originally Posted by bhanusuru597 View Post
    Dashboard widgets are simply reports
    This is handy information for sure, but two points here:
    • The user you're responding to has been using this software for a very long time and is very familiar with widgets.
    • The Information widget they are referring to does not draw its information from any Report and thus cannot be customized in the fashion you describe.
    Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
    ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
    he/him
    Please don't reboot your NGFW.
    How can we make Arista ETM products better?