Default System Administrator Appreciation Day July 30, 2010 (Last Friday Of July)

http://www.sysadminday.com/

Friday, July 30, 2010, is the 11th annual System Administrator Appreciation Day. On this special international day, give your System Administrator something that shows that you truly appreciate their hard work and dedication. (All day Friday, 24 hours, your own local time-zone).

Let's face it, System Administrators get no respect 364 days a year. This is the day that all fellow System Administrators across the globe, will be showered with expensive sports cars and large piles of cash in appreciation of their diligent work. But seriously, we are asking for a nice token gift and some public acknowledgement. It's the least you could do.

I believe that thanks to tools like Untangle, users hate us
    It is better to remain silent
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Master Untangler

i sent this link to my boss, coworkers and to the director. i get a free lunch on friday...LOL. directors treat.

who to send this out too

coming into this roll officially about 7 months ago, i completely see why the other admins didn't like some people in the office..lol those who don't care about security and just want convenience and you try to explain it to them and they just don't understand and your suddenly the bad guy, what i dont mind is those in charge, for me at least, understand why things are done and the importance of restrictions and rules.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb