Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by proactivens View Post
    Should have got a GSXR! My 750 will smoke your CBR any day of the week, lol!
    I did not buy it to kill myself. :P

It already goes faster than anything I've ever owned. I was originally looking at a 250cc ninja for commuting. Come to find out this thins has damn near 100HP, or did originally.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

My 750 had 144hp
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

My 750 had 144hp
    Well my target was a ninja with 29HP~ so this is a bit more than I was looking for.

But I could not pass up the deal.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

Untangle Ninja

My 750 had 144hp
    But could you effectively use it?

Mike
    IMHO, if the motor sounds like it's running relatively normally, I would pull the lowers, run it to op temp, then, using a spray bottle w/ water I would spray each header from in front of the motor. I would be looking for relatively instant boil off, if one header does not boil off as quickly as the others, you may have a carb dumping fuel into the cylinder, this can wash the oil from the cylinder and create 'smoking'.
    Just something quick and easy you can do before pulling the motor and all that.
    Another excessive oil source is the valve guide seals.....

P.S. Where's your helmet?

My first bike and my last bike.

First: 1982 CX500

Last: circa 1998 Ducati 900 SuperSport

Sadly, I've been bike free for 8 years now.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Quote Originally Posted by fasttech View Post

Mike
    IMHO, if the motor sounds like it's running relatively normally, I would pull the lowers, run it to op temp, then, using a spray bottle w/ water I would spray each header from in front of the motor. I would be looking for relatively instant boil off, if one header does not boil off as quickly as the others, you may have a carb dumping fuel into the cylinder, this can wash the oil from the cylinder and create 'smoking'.

I'll try that out, it runs fine other than smoking after a few minutes of running (i.e. warms up to operating temp). Also, I still have to purchase new riding gear.
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 11-04-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    I did not buy it to kill myself. :P.
    There ya go! That's another reason I stuck with a H-D...besides the rumbling feeling and sound, it's not so twitchy and performance crazed that I'd want to get crazy. I like the lazy style of cruising/riding, press 'n roll through the turns, enjoy the bottom end but let off once I'm going out of the turn. Instead of letting that tachometer beg me to dip past 10k all the time.

I had an insatiable thirst for speed and high RPMs in my youth...got me into a lot of trouble back in those days, luckily I'm still alive. And I drive slow cars now...Jeeps...so that I don't get crazy again on the back roads (although I'll still push over 100mph on the highways).

I save my crazy speed for the water....PWCs and boats. My current water toy is an 18' Baja boat. Although I'll probably sell that in the spring...now that I have the H-D, and the house we just bought has a big inground pool in the backyard w/cabana house.

Live to ride another day! Who cares whos bike is faster, next year you want to be alive and healthy and still riding! Pretty much any motorcycle 250cc and above will give you thrills a car can't, 400cc or higher will smoke just about any car, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fasttech View Post

Mike

Well yeah, how do you go from 0 to 100 in under 5 seconds without it? lol
    You cant legally have fun on a bike like that. You also cant be safe with a bike like that. Thats why I sold it this year lol.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

The only reason I picked this up over any of the 250's, 400's 500's I looked at; was the fact that it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I don't have that insatiable need to ride and ride now. I'll gladly enjoy it once I get it up and running. No rush, which is how it should be while on the bike as well; no rush at all.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

You may have picked the wrong bike then lol. Its hard to keep a street bike at 35 miles an hour. I mean, in first gear you could prob. do like 65 on a CBR.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast