Master Untangler

Default Has anybody used or heard of Zeroshell

I was introduced to this from another forum. Seems it would make a good Business Wireless Access Point, but I am surprised I never heard of it before... Anybody here have any experience with it?

http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/

No support for 802.11n == fail
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed that.

I wouldn't give up on it entirely. From all appearances it's still under active development, and surely 802.11n support is on the roadmap.

I'm trying to get a wireless bridge link working to a building about 3/4 mile out from the rest of campus (no chance of a fiber bore here), and seeing this I may take a closer look to see if this will let me pass vlan tags over the link (our current solution does not allow it).
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 07-10-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Its a Linux based Firewall that is still under development and availabable under general licence. Not heard a lot about it myself, but thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Yes..have played with it in the past...back when I was really into trying different *nix firewall distros at a rate of one a month or something.

I have zero interest in a firewall distro supporting wireless...I use dedicated APs for wireless...so, the fact that it doesn't support "N" is..."who cares! Neither does Untangle..do we fail Untangle?" LOL.

Hi,
    also in my opinion the WiFi management makes no sense on a firewall. In any case I notice that the latest release of Zeroshell supports the standard 802.11n.
    Bye
    Clavix