Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangle Ninja

Default Untangle on Facebook!!!

I don't know if all here know that Untangle has a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/untangle and there you can see some nice images of u150 devices in action!

And now they are working on getting more Likes so lets help them :P
    They wan't 1000 (at 979 now) so lets try to get them to 1200!

Thanks!

I'm a fan of the current "appliance in action" photo series.
    I like seeing peoples' setups in action. Some of them are so organized makes me feel like I need to give my home setup some love.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Should I do a "What's in WebFooL's closet" Video :P

I'd do a what's in Sky's room video... but I think it would be a self esteem booster for far too many people.

I promise you, my pigpen is worse!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I don't know sky, I bet mine could give you a run for your money. My "server stack" is in my furnace room in the basement and I'm using and old entertainment center as my "rack" for all the machines. The phone cable for the DSL is just hanging from the ceiling down to the DSL modem on the floor. I have power strips coming out of my UPS like an octopus and absolute no cable management anywhere.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

My "server rack" is literally a pile of servers, there is no rack, and no shelving system. The UPS and my PBX form the pillars, there's a book in there to make them level. The Hypervisor sits on top of all of that, the Untangle on top of there, my switch on top of that, and the towers peak finished off with my cable modem, wireless AP, and coaxial phone bridge.

But that isn't the messy part, the messy part is the 80% of this 10 x 13 room that's filled with debris of every kind you can imagine. From the general garbage and dust, to server parts, PC parts, old units, cabling supplies, tools, books, laptops, printers.

It honestly is a wonder I get anything done. But I need at least three solid days of work to "fix" it, and I just don't have the time to do it. So I clean what I can when I get a moment, and it the pile sort of grows again. Doesn't feel like cleaning anymore, more like I shave parts of it off and it grows back, I swear the computer parts are actually organic, they breed or something.
    NexgenAppliances.com

It's a proven fact that computer parts do in fact breed. That or someone sneaks into my house in the middle of the night and leaves more of them there. I just moved and didn't realize how much crap I actually had. I think I found some 20 hard drives. I have more power cables then I thought possible, at least a dozen (mostly) complete towers, and at least one of every cable known to man. I even found a PCMCI token-ring card (where did that come from?!) complete with the dongle. I should really do some cleaning as well. I just boxed it all up and moved it. My junk room looks like someone took a crappy datacenter, stuck it in a giant cardboard box, then shipped it UPS across the country via every gravel road possible then just for good measure stuck it in a giant paint can shaker before dumping it back out. Then tried, and failed, to put some order to the chaos. Though I don't build hardware for people usually so I'm sure you have WAY more junk then I do.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

I remember the Untangle page on FB...but about 6 months ago I disabled my FB account. Just too much garbage on it, sucks up too much time.

I have a 2.5 car garage in my back yard, half of it is tools, yard work stuff (mower and the like). The other half is my 82 Chevy longbed, that needs repairs so I can drive her again. In the bed of the longbed, piled up to the cap from fore to aft, are old PC parts, cases, power supplies, hard drives, monitors, you name it. When I was parting it all out so I could recycle it, I found an XT in there... THAT sort of pile.

There is at least as much floor space as the truck occupies next to the truck covered in MORE parts, and then there is the stuff in the office.

My garage, for the most part, looks like a B movie junk yard, except it's all electronics components of every type, shape, and era possible. I've been working through it a bit at a time as time, and temperature allows. It was 117 in there yesterday, I don't touch anything when it's 117.

Last time I did a part run out there I took a picture and put it on facebook. What did it contain? A 20mb RLL hard drive, an XT processor, a 386DX, and a 486DX. I wasn't mad because I had junk, I was mad because I couldn't find the 286 I needed to be able to draw a CPU history line of Intel product all the way to current chips.
    NexgenAppliances.com

PCS
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    A 20mb RLL hard drive, an XT processor, a 386DX, and a 486DX.
    RLL drive. Haven't thought about that in a long time. The first thing that comes to mind is:
    DEBUG
    g=c800:5

Funny what sticks in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast