Master Untangler

Default Alternative to SendthisFile or Zendto

Anyone know of a good alternative to Sendthisfile.com or have any experience with ZendTo? We need to have the ability for users to drop off and retrieve files that can be larger than 2 GB without any special software or logins. Basically our clients have no rights on their work computers so everything must be done via the web browser. Sendthisfile.com works well but is $100/month. Zendto looks like a possible alternative but I am having no luck with it yet, some weird php error and I have no idea how to track it down.

Any ideas?

Master Untangler

I have ZendTo up and running as a VM. It does take a bit to get it configured properly, but seems to work fine once you get it setup.

Did you using one of the prebuilt VMs or are you trying to roll your own? What is the error you are receiving?

Master Untangler

I tried the VM appliance but my vmware workstation would not load it. Because of this I installed it on a new Ubuntu VM. The error I am getting is Segmentation Fault (11). Basically when I try to drop off a file it may or may not try to upload but it never finishes and then a pop up comes up and asks if I would like to stay or leave the page. No matter what you click on the upload fails and by looking in the apache log I find the Segmentation fault.

I am sure I have done something wrong but I have followed the instructions two different times with the same results. At least I am consistent in my failure. ;P