Master Untangler

Default The true power of UT

So i have been working on redoing my home network and had to take down my main server with Untangle on it. I switched back to having my netgear r7800 as my main router. While it is a decent router and the Wifi is great.... I have not heard more complaints about the internet speeds, streaming, gaming and general downloads since i switched back for the last 24 hours. It has made my Wife, kids, and roommate all appreciate Untangle to a whole new level! I have just been sitting back laughing and saying.... See told you this works better! Now they are all wondering when i will be done redoing the network and asking what they can do it help.

Another novice techie who understands they have just deployed the most important and valued appliance within their domain to tame our digital age...welcome, your view of the interweb will never look the same!
    Last edited by f1assistance; 07-19-2017 at 01:59 AM.
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

: thanks for the feedback!
    f1assistance likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

It's amazing what happens when you get good hardware to do a very important job!
    f1assistance likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

The funny part is the hardware is really not that bad price when you put it up against anything that is off the shelf for home. I mean the system i pieced together for it was about $40 in addon parts and an old alienware mini desktop that would over heat. Put it in a new care and did some creative wiring and it works great! I do say the value of UT for home is definitely worth it. The learning curve was funny as i would make mistakes and make the house not happy but hey you have to break some eggs.

I ran support in companies for years mainly running user support and working on user facing servers. Never really played with the routers and VM side, my infrastructre guys were great and handled that side for me . Getting to learn with my kids has been alot of fun. It takes me longer now that i am disabled than when i used to work full time.

Master Untangler

You really can't beat the feature set/price-point for the home license of UT. It really is a great value and we all owe a big gratitude of "thanks" to UT for making it available.
    Sam Graf likes this.

Master Untangler

I definitely agree on the value. It is also great for me to be able to teach my kids on something that is real world versus a home wifi router.