Default Windows 10 Fall Creators - 1709 Do not update if you use RDP!

Seriously, the update breaks both the server and the client, to NOT upgrade if you need either. Get your units enrolled in the business channel so they don't update for a while yet. MS needs to fix their crap again.

If you don't need printers, just disable printer redirection to get it going again.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 10-25-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    f1assistance likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Ah, I was going to refute your statement until I got to the last line... RDP works fine in the new update for me, BUT I never redirect printers...

I dream of a day when updates don't break things. I won't hold my breath until then, though...

This one is pretty bad because apparently MS new about the issue prior to release, and released anyway... so we have RDS servers all over the place falling over. The update also breaks server 2016 RDS!
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    This one is pretty bad because apparently MS new about the issue prior to release, and released anyway... so we have RDS servers all over the place falling over. The update also breaks server 2016 RDS!
    Wow Microsoft! I hope I'm still good with server 2012 R2 RDP and our mac clients with RDP app.

Yes you're fine, the issue for now only impacts Windows 10 clients in the release channel, not the business channel. It also affects server 2016 on the insider channel, which... honestly... if you run that in production you're an idiot.

So if you're in the long term update channels, you're fine. I'm just the poor fool that updated his desktop early to test.

But if you're using Win10 Home, there is no way to disable the update without turning off updates altogether. Which is... annoying.
    f1assistance likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

God! Should have seen this earlier. I have had faced so much troubles after updating to Win 10 Fall Creators 1709.

I needed to come back and update this.

The issue I faced was related to an ancient PDF printer used by Quickbooks, once that printer was removed, RDP functioned properly. Versions of Quickbooks that support Windows 10 no longer use their own PDF printer, and instead use the one that comes with Windows.

I have no other known issues with Fall Creators at this time. All systems updated have been operating error free for 30 days or so now.
    NexgenAppliances.com