Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: IoT w/5G

When you're complicit in allowing DOOM within your "protected" domain...and now helpless to resolve. Bad Robot?
    Wake up, Neo...
    The Smart Grid has you...

"IoT Botnets Found Using Default Credentials for C&C Server Databases"
    https://thehackernews.com/2018/06/io...-password.html
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

Of things to come...in an imperfect binary world, this will sabotage privacy, perfectly! Bad Robot!

"IoT CloudPets in the doghouse after damning security audit: Now Amazon bans sales"
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...mps_cloudpets/
    -------

Untangle Ninja

"CloudPets in the doghouse." I enjoy witty journalists.

IMHO, Alphabet/Google have contributed heavily to the "I've got nothing to hide" mentality often dominating the privacy conversation among consumers. It's certainly the easier mentality versus data protection vigilance. Mozilla are probably spitting against the wind when it comes to consumers. As far as lots of consumers are concerned, trading so called harmless data for free services just works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post

IMHO, Alphabet/Google have contributed heavily to the "I've got nothing to hide" mentality often dominating the privacy conversation among consumers. It's certainly the easier mentality versus data protection vigilance. Mozilla are probably spitting against the wind when it comes to consumers. As far as lots of consumers are concerned, trading so called harmless data for free services just works.
    Right up until they end up on my phone because they want a refund for services I never offered... Because some idiot is out there using my name to defraud people. Then they become VERY concerned.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

How we got here...our humble opinion wrongheaded and meaningless! Any innocuous info oxymoronic and potentially perilous. The fact "lot's of consumer's" are unconscious, irrelevant. Privacy must be paramount! The game our slave master's play is controlling the power center's. If you don't already understand data as one of the major center's, it's game over!

"'Heatmap' for social athlete’s app reveals secret bases, secret places"
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...secret-places/
    Last edited by f1assistance; 06-07-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    -------

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by f1assistance View Post
    How we got here...our humble opinion wrongheaded and meaningless! Any innocuous info oxymoronic and potentially perilous. The fact "lot's of consumer's" are unconscious, irrelevant.
    How ironic.

Mozilla is asking consumers to speak about privacy with their wallets. Do you read and understand the stuff you link to? Just asking. So all that stuff about meaningless and irrelevant is meaningless and irrelevant in the context of the article.

Understanding how we got here is the surest road to change. Not caring about how we got here is a pretty clear symptom of not understanding the solution.

How ironic.

Mozilla is asking consumers to speak about privacy with their wallets. Do you read and understand the stuff you link to? Just asking. So all that stuff about meaningless and irrelevant is meaningless and irrelevant in the context of the article.

Understanding how we got here is the surest road to change. Not caring about how we got here is a pretty clear symptom of not understanding the solution.
    Hmm, I didn't think I would’ve shot that far above your head. It's not about the immediate shinny things, but the background noise you completely missed. Oh, well...
    -------

Untangle Ninja

Exactly. We disagree about the nature of the background noise.

And speaking of background noise (article(s) below)...does anyone actually believe Alphabet gives a snit about providing wireless access to millions of Indians or the cost of such to that country? No! It is all about deploying their surveillance platform and collecting massive amounts of "harmless data" from "lots of consumers" completely ignorant of how their information (thousands of data points) will immediately be used to shape and herd the masses. Like recent news of T Mobile, this effort isn't about an effort to deploy today's technology, but providing today's technology with tomorrows bindings (i.e., IoT w/5G). Most slaves past and present defend their enslavement because their indoctrination complete, it's convenient, and the cake is great!
    Wake up, Neo...

"Google brings Wi-Fi to 400 Indian train stations"
    https://betanews.com/2018/06/07/goog...0-india-train/

"New T-Mobile upgrade may boost your coverage—if you have the right phone"
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...e-right-phone/
    Last edited by f1assistance; 06-07-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    -------

We need to take a step back and understand the "background noise" I'm speaking of and how these State actors and collaborators (e.g., Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, etc.) are already manipulating the herd...it's leaking out everywhere and our grasp of the amount of control they currently exercise is off by magnitudes and unimaginable. We are not free, we only think we're free due to the amount of indoctrination already complete. Take a minute to understand what's at stake and watch Google's video below (The Selfish Ledger), it should scare the new coming tech (IoT w/5G) from everyone! It may already be too late by the amount of push-back many are willing to use in defense of their controllers.
    Wake up, Neo...

"Google made a video in 2016 to be shared internally titled 'The Selfish Ledger' and it's a really unsettling view of the future where every bit of data we create gets sucked up and processed to make all of humanity's life 'better'."
    https://youtu.be/iqUCX5rPQug
    Last edited by f1assistance; 06-07-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    -------

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast