Untangler

Default Map Distribution shows Chinese session, Sessions does not...

I couldn't find a good place to post this so thought I'd drop it here. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have a nice small USB monitor on my desk and I watch my Untangle dashboard all day. On the Map Distribution there is almost always a session showing in the middle of China on the map. I've been monitoring the Sessions report for hours with it on auto-refresh and no session ever comes up with a Country of CN. I stop the auto-refresh periodically and hand-check all the IPs without a country code associated with them using an online IP Geolocation tool and none of the IPs come up as Chinese. In the Firewall app I've blocked all traffic to and from China with two rules; block client country of CN and block server country of CN.

What's going on here? What else can I check to see if there really is a session to China?

Do you have any ports open on the WAN interface? Were the access rules modified from default. If so, most likely it's a session to the Untangle itself.

Any session through the Untangle will be in /admin/index.do#reports?cat=network&rep=all-sessions just filter by client and server country.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

The map data is pulled from the same data as the sessions view data. (Its actually just a different view on the same data).
    So its unlikely that its there but it isn't.

I would make sure that you don't have any filtered colomns in place in the session view or something like that that would prevent you from seeing all the data.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com