Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Untangle Ninja

All I know is McConnell won't impeach and I bought tickets last month for Sunday, center.

If the rumors are true, Nancy Pelosi's not gonna impeach, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    If the rumors are true, Nancy Pelosi's not gonna impeach, either.
    Dig into those far enough and Hillary Clinton is going to run again in 2020 after Biden leaves a massive crater due to "health reasons".
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Dig into those far enough and Hillary Clinton is going to run again in 2020 after Biden leaves a massive crater due to "health reasons".
    That may be, but on the face of it, the House wants to retry the case in the Senate, whereas the Senate wants, at most, due process--that is, provide the defense an opportunity to address the prosecution's case.

Partisanship aside, this seems to me to be bizarre behavior on the part of the Speaker. The House is quite sure of its case, yet rather than take its case to the Senate and present it, it wants to retry it, and apparently on its own terms. If the Senate is as hopelessly biased as the House leadership asserts, a retrial will change nothing. So, to me, partisanship aside, this is truly bizarre behavior.
    Last edited by Sam Graf; 12-20-2019 at 06:55 AM.

That may be, but on the face of it, the House wants to retry the case in the Senate, whereas the Senate wants, at most, due process--that is, provide the defense an opportunity to address the prosecution's case.

Partisanship aside, this seems to me to be bizarre behavior on the part of the Speaker. The House is quite sure of its case, yet rather than take its case to the Senate and present it, it wants to retry it, and apparently on its own terms. If the Senate is as hopelessly biased as the House leadership asserts, a retrial will change nothing. So, to me, partisanship aside, this is truly bizarre behavior.
    It is bizarre behavior, that is until you consider it's not intended to get Trump out of office. She's trying to energize her base, while also never terminating the process of impeachment. Because if the Speaker (Nancy Pelosi), can delay the proceedings long enough, and keep the process running long enough, she can get the thing to terminate after the next election. Because should the process terminate before the election, she's going to lose this effort. That loss will be used by Trump to beat her party up in the election. She knows this, and will do anything to prevent it. But the only way to really prevent it was to not move forward with impeachment to begin with, but that's something her base won't tolerate.

This is so calculated it hurts, and it's got Clinton's fingerprints all over it... This is the sort of thing Bill used to do, and Hillary did as well. So to me it's pretty clear who is giving Nancy her marching orders. But nowhere in this mess is the will of the people even considered. If Trump is such a huge global embarrassment and we need to remove him, how does his oppositions leadership behaving like this make us look?

Heck, given the way some of this is unfolding I can almost make the case the DNC WANTS Trump to win reelection, because so much of this is pumping up his numbers instead of reducing them. So I can't tell if they're blissfully ignorant as to their actual effects, or doing it on purpose. I suppose we'll see how it all crumbles next November. For my part I'm not sure WTF I'm going to do, as a voter I have no vote I can cast that will fix this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

-------

Rise of Skywalker is projected to earn $190-195 million this weekend, which isn't too shabby. For comparison, The Force Awakens earned $248 million opening weekend, and The Last Jedi pulled in $220 million.

Interestingly, the Rotten Tomatoes audience score is currently at odds with the critics' score: 86% versus 57%. If audience enthusiasm doesn't dry up, Disney will cash in on the Star Wars franchise yet again.

I remain uninterested in seeing the movie, but I'm still very interested in how it'll all turn out, given all the controversy the Disney trilogy has generated.
    Last edited by Sam Graf; 12-20-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    f1assistance likes this.

There is little in life more entertaining than nerd antics... I'll grab some popcorn and watch too.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Rise of Skywalker is projected to earn $190-195 million this weekend, which isn't too shabby. For comparison, The Force Awakens earned $248 million opening weekend, and The Last Jedi pulled in $220 million.

Interestingly, the Rotten Tomatoes audience score is currently at odds with the critics' score: 86% versus 57%. If audience enthusiasm doesn't dry up, Disney will cash in on the Star Wars franchise yet again.

I remain uninterested in seeing the movie, but I'm still very interested in how it'll all turn out, given all the controversy the Disney trilogy has generated.
    Rotten Tomatoes, really? It's clear most don't understand the premeditated 'manipulation' in place...this simply another site obviously not what it suggests, same as with the Hollywood/Disney movie(s) themselves moving the herd toward a progressive mindset. Stay vigilant!
    -------

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast