Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default is anyone using any password saver tool ?

Hey Guys !

Have you tried any password saver tools just like Last pass.

I am looking to buy its subscription but I am stil unsure about its security that how vigilant it is on saving passwords and also they may remain secure from any hacker attempts.

If you guys also want to share any other software or tool for the similar purpose. please go ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Bitwarden...

Bitwarden all the things! OpenSource, with a free self hosting option to ensure the price stays nice and low.
    f1assistance and Armshouse like this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastin View Post
    Hey Guys !

Have you tried any password saver tools just like Last pass.

I am looking to buy its subscription but I am stil unsure about its security that how vigilant it is on saving passwords and also they may remain secure from any hacker attempts.

If you guys also want to share any other software or tool for the similar purpose. please go ahead.

Thanks in advance.
    I've personally used LastPass (LP) for years and have a subscription.
    If I had a do over, I would seriously suggest you consider KeePassX.
    I will advantage this in my future, but the move from LP is a day's calorie burn which I haven't made the time for...yet. I like the logical idea of securely having its database in my physical possession.
    Last edited by f1assistance; 06-03-2020 at 06:59 AM.
    Sebastin likes this.
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Bitwarden...

Bitwarden all the things! OpenSource, with a free self hosting option to ensure the price stays nice and low.
    OpenSource?
    Are their any vulnerabilities associated or ever reported?
    I am listening its name for the first time
    From where I can see its specs and prices any reference?

Quote Originally Posted by f1assistance View Post
    I've personally used LastPass (LP) for years and have a subscription.
    If I had a do over, I would seriously suggest you consider KeePassX.
    I will advantage this in my future, but the move from LP is a day's calorie burn which I haven't made the time for...yet. I like the logical idea of securely having its database in my physical possession.
    Is it their Official site - I am talking about Keepass?
    Which subscription you have got for Lastpass? are there any difference in specs and features with different subscription.
    Basically I need it for my team comprised of 12 members, to share credentials securely as they are working remotely and I dont want to share it on open communication platforms.

Password Safe.

It is not cloud-based.

OpenSource?
    Are their any vulnerabilities associated or ever reported?
    I am listening its name for the first time
    From where I can see its specs and prices any reference?
    All of the above questions can easily be answered via some Google work on your part... all you needed was the product name: https://bitwarden.com/

They have regular independent audits done, and implement the suggestions quickly. KeepPassX is also OpenSource, but lacks all of these things... because they don't have any sort of commercial backing.

To put it another way, Bitwarden is the Untangle of the password management world. They have a free platform offering, provide open source to the product, and sell premium upgrades at reasonable prices. So you get the flexibility and prices of Open Source while also gaining the benefits of focused corporate investment. It's a configuration that's rather hard to argue with.

No, it isn't perfect... but then again nothing ever is.

My Bitwarden is 2FA'd via DUO for free. DUO has a restoration code I have in my fireproof safe so I can get it onto another device when I need it. So Yeah... I 2FA'd... the thing that does all my 2FA.
    Sebastin likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Is it their Official site - I am talking about Keepass?
    Which subscription you have got for Lastpass? are there any difference in specs and features with different subscription.
    Basically I need it for my team comprised of 12 members, to share credentials securely as they are working remotely and I dont want to share it on open communication platforms.
    I believe the link to be their site.
    I have a Business 1 User Premium subscription and deploy 2FA with a Yubikey.
    Your last question I think the challenge for KeePassX... What does 'sharing credentials securely over an open communications platform' exactly look like?

Edit: There is also keepassxc which might be more to your liking...
    Last edited by f1assistance; 06-03-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

Quote Originally Posted by f1assistance View Post
    I believe the link to be their site.
    I have a Business 1 User Premium subscription and deploy 2FA with a Yubikey.
    Your last question I think the challenge for KeePassX... What does 'sharing credentials securely over an open communications platform' exactly look like?

Edit: There is also keepassxc which might be more to your liking...
    Earlier this year one of our content writer's accounts was hacked(including skype and Gsuite). He wrote about the Hacker quoting him and his actions and posted that on Reddit too, just after he posted on the same day he got a threat email from anonymous recipient quoting him to delete that article but my employee refused it and on the next day it all happened and our much data was compromised. Before that, we used to share the credentials and files there but since then we stopped doing so and got local MDR services for our security.

That's what I meant to say these platforms like Skype, Gmail, or any other can be hacked easily with little efforts.
    Sorry if I am getting too verbose, but I am more concerned now after that hack attempt. So that's why putting more questions to get clarification.
    Also yes google give too much information from various sources, but getting it from the right people is what I prefer.
    But thanks, I will look up the things and will share my insights what I get

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    All of the above questions can easily be answered via some Google work on your part... all you needed was the product name: https://bitwarden.com/

They have regular independent audits done, and implement the suggestions quickly. KeepPassX is also OpenSource, but lacks all of these things... because they don't have any sort of commercial backing.

To put it another way, Bitwarden is the Untangle of the password management world. They have a free platform offering, provide open source to the product, and sell premium upgrades at reasonable prices. So you get the flexibility and prices of Open Source while also gaining the benefits of focused corporate investment. It's a configuration that's rather hard to argue with.

No, it isn't perfect... but then again nothing ever is.

My Bitwarden is 2FA'd via DUO for free. DUO has a restoration code I have in my fireproof safe so I can get it onto another device when I need it. So Yeah... I 2FA'd... the thing that does all my 2FA.
    Thank you so much for detailed information, I find it good and have read about it on its website. Will look on to it and create an account for testing its features.
    Thanks for the recommendation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast