Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Yes, but it's sitting on top of a closed source virtual pipeline that makes its performance possible. We love to hate on that JAVA core that does this, but it scales better than anything else on the shelf. There is nothing else on the market that does what Untangle does, and the magic sauce isn't open, it's closed.
    Well put.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Untangle on Discord: https://discord.gg/r6eYUmern3

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    This is why i stick to Pushing out Aruba AIO stuff.
    AIO has the same lack of a wifi 6 hospitality-class (wallplate) AP. The 11d is still wifi 5 and requires PoE+, which most of my switches still won't do. Ubiquiti's InWall HD is happy to run on basic PoE, and only needs PoE+ if you want to power another downstream device at the basic PoE level.

But to be fair, Ubiquiti's InWall HD is also still Wifi 5 and they don't yet have a wifi 6 wallplate AP either. I wouldn't be surprised if wifi 6 increases power demands, so they also have to require PoE+ when it's available. But again, wifi 6 is still pretty new, so I'm willing to be patient on this point.

For AIO, though, I'm also way beyond their 25 AP limit.
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 03-31-2022 at 09:41 AM.
    nowebpresence likes this.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

Yes, but it's sitting on top of a closed source virtual pipeline that makes its performance possible. We love to hate on that JAVA core that does this, but it scales better than anything else on the shelf. There is nothing else on the market that does what Untangle does, and the magic sauce isn't open, it's closed.
    Many thanks for clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    I'm going to stay positive on this ! Maybe we will see some nice hardware soon ? Like newer firewalls switches & ap's ? No more internal network cards in the Appliances !..

Why did you mention "internal network cards in appliances"? I ask 'cause I've got an issue with my eth0 port on a Z4 following a power outage.

Quote Originally Posted by BB32210 View Post
    Why did you mention "internal network cards in appliances"? I ask 'cause I've got an issue with my eth0 port on a Z4 following a power outage.
    Some appliance platforms have PCIe slots in them accessible via various means. The stuff that's welded in isn't replaceable, and would require a replacement appliance to fix, or a new mainboard.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Some appliance platforms have PCIe slots in them accessible via various means. The stuff that's welded in isn't replaceable, and would require a replacement appliance to fix, or a new mainboard.
    Might even be under warranty too!
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Untanglit

Hi all..... just wondering if there is any fear out there that Arista might let Untangle 'wither on the vine' so to speak? I know, nobody has a crystal ball but just curious what others think.
    MP715 likes this.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by road hazard View Post
    Hi all..... just wondering if there is any fear out there that Arista might let Untangle 'wither on the vine' so to speak? I know, nobody has a crystal ball but just curious what others think.
    My fear also.

Untangler

I am hoping ARISTA just has higher standards for what is released with their name on it. I am also hoping to win the next billion dollar lottery. I bet on a five year renewal with Untangle. Hope it pays off. LOL

Better communications would help keep hope alive.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456