Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    tjk
    Untangler

Default Whoa - Untangle bought by Arista Networks

Wow, this was a shock email to receive.

I'm an Arista switch user, love their stuff, but it is very expensive kit.

Wait and see how this plays out.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Untangler

Any details?

Master Untangler

Yeah i saw this too! I wonder what the road map is going to be like ....
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

tjk
    Untangler

Just an email so far:

As a Valued Partner of Untangle, we are pleased to share that Untangle Holdings, LLC. is now part of Arista Networks.

Arista Networks is a leader in cognitive client to cloud networking with award-winning platforms delivering availability, agility, automation, analytics and security. Untangle’s NG Firewall and Micro Edge solutions, along with Command Center complement Arista’s Commercial Market offerings.

Untangle is joining Arista Networks in providing Edge Threat Management assets for the Commercial Market. We’ll share over the next few weeks more details of how you can add additional products, such as wireless access points and network switches, to your existing Untangle portfolio.

Untangle will operate as part of Arista’s security division to deliver secure edge networking. You will continue to see myself, Timur Kovalev and Heather Paunet in communications, forums and webinars. You can continue to do business with us, and contact us using the channels you are used to.

The entire Untangle and relevant Arista teams look forward to helping you build up your business through these expanded opportunities.
    donhwyo likes this.

Master Untangler

I was wondering when the next round of tech consolidation was going to happen.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
    I was wondering when the next round of tech consolidation was going to happen.
    I'm going to stay positive on this ! Maybe we will see some nice hardware soon ? Like newer firewalls switches & ap's ? No more internal network cards in the Appliances !..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Untangler

Hearing this from a forum member is not starting on the right foot. I hope things will only improve. Doing a search earlier I found this that seems positive.
    https://www.wayup.com/i-j-Arista-Net...1019072622713/
    Arista hiring support for Untangle. Hope that is a good sign. They get the benefit of the doubt for now. Trust and verify is the policy now.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    Hearing this from a forum member is not starting on the right foot. I hope things will only improve. Doing a search earlier I found this that seems positive.
    https://www.wayup.com/i-j-Arista-Net...1019072622713/
    Arista hiring support for Untangle. Hope that is a good sign. They get the benefit of the doubt for now. Trust and verify is the policy now.
    If I lived in the USA id apply for that ! Would be fun.

tjk
    Untangler

Agree, the fact there is still no PR on the Untangle site about this is really confusing. You don't email your partners and not have PR ready to go about the sale of the company.
    dashpuppy and mikeyscott like this.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    If I lived in the USA id apply for that ! Would be fun.
    I am retired from to many years of customer service jobs fixing things for people who blame you for the things they broke. LOL
    dashpuppy likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast