Default User help in xp.

Ok, I just set up a dule boot, xp and xp. On different hhd. So I have drive a, and drive b. I want the user on drive a to read drive b. I dont want user for drive b to read drive a. Othere then that the use on drive b can do what ever the want. Pleas dont ask why I want this setup, long story.

Not possible, well it is but it's a pain and it requires hard drive encryption software that operates outside of the OS.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

user b, is going to have no "Admin" privileges?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf Mac View Post
    Ok, I just set up a dule boot, xp and xp. On different hhd. So I have drive a, and drive b. I want the user on drive a to read drive b. I dont want user for drive b to read drive a. Othere then that the use on drive b can do what ever the want. Pleas dont ask why I want this setup, long story.
    Are you still looking to do this?

It's easy to stop the user on Drive A from reading Drive B by going into Disk Management on Drive A and removing the drive letter assignment from Drive B. AFAIK this solution will not work to stop Drive B's user from viewing Drive A because Windows needs to be able to read Drive A for some reason.... saying that I've never actually tried it that way round.