Default Good easy site builder

My website is crap. It's crap because I refuse to learn HTML or flash. My mind just doesnt work that way. I cant get my brain around it. So I have been looking at some online flash builders, but they either want to host your site and rape you in the process, or they dont give you the functionality to add custom elements, like paypal checkout buttons. Anyone have any suggestions?

Master Untangler

I'm not a big fan of flash for a site. That said. Joomla is a nice Content Management System with plenty of plug ins. Templates for a custom site aren't hard to build either.

mdh

This was posted yesterday. I don't know if it is too narrow a focus for your needs or not.

http://forums.untangle.com/showthread.php?t=6431

HTML is pretty easy, though making it fancy and cross-browser compatible can be a PITA. By the way, I wish more people could flat out say what you said here. You don't know how many times I have run into 48 point yellow Times Roman font on a glowing background of cow dung green. I don't know if they're colorblind or just stupid. They thing their sites are cool. They didn't ask my opinion, nor probably should they.

By the way, I have seen sites that look way way worse than yours. Yours is definitely not CSS heaven, but its clean and functional.
    Last edited by mdh; 12-08-2008 at 07:27 PM.

What are you looking for in a site? If you want a pretty, flash based site you're likely going to have to pay for it. I have yet to come across a cheap/free builder for it.

You may want to take a look at a CMS (I like Wordpress the best) and purchase a template for it. You can get some nice designs for not all that much. If you want a one of a kind site, you'll pay much more.

With a CMS you do not need to know HTML to build pages.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    This was posted yesterday. I don't know if it is too narrow a focus for your needs or not.

http://forums.untangle.com/showthread.php?t=6431
    Jing is for creating screen caps or nice flash tutorials.

HTML is pretty easy, though making it fancy and cross-browser compatible can be a PITA. By the way, I wish more people could flat out say what you said here. You don't know how many times I have run into 48 point yellow Times Roman font on a glowing background of cow dung green. I don't know if they're colorblind or just stupid. They thing their sites are cool. They didn't ask my opinion, nor probably should they.

By the way, I have seen sites that look way way worse than yours. Yours is definitely not CSS heaven, but its clean and functional.
    I agree, the site isn't the worst thing I've seen. It really is nice a clean. Good choice of words.

I've seen those 48 point neon green sites, with animated gifs and cringe each time I see them. I sell them a nice clean, HTML/CSS coded site and they go and ask for a splash page. grrrr...they are soooo 1999.
    Last edited by dhtc; 12-08-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    Dave

You don't know how many times I have run into 48 point yellow Times Roman font on a glowing background of cow dung green.
    I changed the color to Brown Chicken Brown Cow thank you very much!
    Vote here to have wireless included in Untangle.

mdh

Silver Bullet,

Look for a PM in a few minutes.

thanks for the input. I still dont like it. But it will have to do until I find something better. I just dont have the patience. I would rather config. 32 vlans on a cisco switch then mess with code.

you might want to trade services. Find a local design company, and they should help you, and you can help them with your networking skills.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com