Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Beta

Master Untangler

Default Windows 7 Beta

Looks good so far, i tired it in VM here at work. I'm going to install it at home, see how it works with 9600GT's in SLI and a HD Tune card.

Yeah they seemed to get it right with this one. Almost feels like XP as far as performance goes. Runs quite well inside my Sun Virtual..and that's running inside of Vista on an earlier Core Duo 2.8 with 4 gigs.

A guy on another forum I frequent tried installing it on about 20x different rigs of various horsepower....went as far back as an IBM Thinkpad T23 with a 1.13GHz P3m..and said it ran quite acceptably on that.

Here's a nice little Windows 7 secrets read from MSDN
    http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2...7-secrets.aspx

But Microsoft is still including the (*)&* 32-bit relief valve...

I swear if I hear another software support moron tell me their product doesn't work on a 64bit platform I'm going to climb through the phone and strangle the life out of them right then and there..

Machines with 4gb are the norm NOW, get your blasted crap working on the platform of the future NOW. oy...
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    But Microsoft is still including the (*)&* 32-bit relief valve...

I swear if I hear another software support moron tell me their product doesn't work on a 64bit platform I'm going to climb through the phone and strangle the life out of them right then and there..

Machines with 4gb are the norm NOW, get your blasted crap working on the platform of the future NOW. oy...

You mean like untangle is running on 64-bit

windows 7 is nice but i am hitting incompatibilities with group policies on server 2008 of all things.

Master Untangler

I've been running the 7 leaks and now the public beta on my "work" PC at home now for over 2 months. When I played around with Vista on this thing it was slooowww (runs great on my gaming rig though). Windows 7 runs incredible. I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever. The experience I've had with the 7 beta absolutely blows away the one I had with Vista after RTM.

Quote Originally Posted by arndawg View Post
    You mean like untangle is running on 64-bit
    Don't get me started... I just found yet another clueless software house today that "doesn't support 64-bit" leaving yet another customer holding the bag.

This is really starting to stick in my craw... 4gb is the freaking MIN I will put into any current box and all the moronic developers out there are telling me no?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Don't get me started... I just found yet another clueless software house today that "doesn't support 64-bit" leaving yet another customer holding the bag.

This is really starting to stick in my craw... 4gb is the freaking MIN I will put into any current box and all the moronic developers out there are telling me no?
    I totally agree. Music production software/hardware is impossible to run on 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by hescominsoon View Post
    windows 7 is nice but i am hitting incompatibilities with group policies on server 2008 of all things.
    There will likely be some updates for Servers relating to group policies once W7 is officially deployed. It's been that way in the past....when Vista came out we saw updates for servers relating to Vista, when XP came out..similar thing..even updates down to the service pack level (example..GPO to manage XPsp2 firewall)

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    There will likely be some updates for Servers relating to group policies once W7 is officially deployed. It's been that way in the past....when Vista came out we saw updates for servers relating to Vista, when XP came out..similar thing..even updates down to the service pack level (example..GPO to manage XPsp2 firewall)
    i'm sure there will be..right now the beta isn't useful as i depend heavily on GP's and if they aren't processed the machine isn't on the network properly if at all..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast