Untangler

Default Site to Site not working

FYI I have read all the stickys, posts, wiki and I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get this to work. Please someone help me...please!!!

I setup my main server with openvpn and was able to connect by Vpn client no problem (everything worked, mapped drives,outlook, etc) so now I would like to connect site to site from a untangle server at the remote site. I setup the untangle server at the remote site in bridged mode and can browse the internet. I installed open vpn and the config file and openvpn says its connected to my remote servers ip but I can not ping anything on the remote site and when I do a tracert from a pc at the remote site to the local server at the main site it fails at the second hop? the first hop goes to the remote untangle server but then nothing.

Also I see no activity on my vpn at either location, and for a test I just turned off the vpn at the main office, turned off and on the openvpn at the remote location it still says connected??????? So something is def wrong, please help.

thanks
    trev

Untangler

UPDATE! I found that when I do turn on the vpn from the remote untangle that it shows the vpn clients connected increases by 1 on openvpn of the main untangle box, Also I just found the ping test on the networking page of the remote office untangle and when the openvpn is on and connected it will resolve the ip address of my server behind the main untangle box, So it appears that the vpn is working to the untangle box but not to my clients behind it

Please post a network map.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I can't do that now but its pretty simple, This is a test enviroment.

Untangle 1 in router mode at main office (internal address is 192.168.16.1)

Untangle 2 in bridge mode at remote office (internal address is 192.168.1.220)

(follow all directions in wiki and sticky)

I can not ping untangle 1 from untangle 2 in config-network-ping test so it appears that the site to site is working but I can ping from a client behind untangle 2.

Does the router in front of Untangle two have a static route for the 192.168.16.0/24 network? Does it have a route for the OPenVPN address pool network? Both need to go to 192.168.1.220.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

no it does not and I was mistaken , it is not in bridge mode, I have a newer post with my network map can we continue there and remove this post?

http://forums.untangle.com/openvpn/1...-site-vpn.html

THANKS!!

Response posted on the cross thread link