Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Logicsound,

Here's what you can try to do:

On the remote Untangle add a line to the Configration->Networking->Advanced->DHCP & DNS page.

dhcp-option=6,x.x.x.x (ip of the DNS server at the main site)
    This worked like a charm and should have a sticky in the wiki, IMHO. I was able to leave DNS/DHCP, etc. all enabled on the remote site and was able to connect the remote PC to the domain at the main office.

Quote Originally Posted by tim.lengert View Post
    This worked like a charm and should have a sticky in the wiki, IMHO. I was able to leave DNS/DHCP, etc. all enabled on the remote site and was able to connect the remote PC to the domain at the main office.
    If I had everytime someone says this.

It's a wiki. Everybody can update it. We love it when our userbase helps us out.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    It's a wiki. Everybody can update it. We love it when our userbase helps us out.
    Haha duh I'll do that actually. Another note, you will have to forward port 80 and/or21 and/or xxxx to the local sites WAN IP. Using the DHCP command forwards ALL traffic over the VPN connection.

Untangle in no cases forwards all traffic over the VPN. The line that mrunkel listed does nothing more than configure Untangle's DHCP server to hand out a third DNS server. In AD environments you're required to use the AD servers as DNS servers. This process changes nothing in the routing table, it just enables name resolution.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

That is very odd... Once I enabled that DHCP command all traffic started to route through the VPN. When I turned off the VPN the remote site no longer had Internet access.

DNS and DHCP are enabled on the remote site and worked just ducky before VPN. Setup the VPN connection, everything still worked fine but couldn't add a remote PC to the domain. Then applied the DHCP line in Advanced and now all traffic seems to flow through the VPN including Internet. Had to add a port forward rule to the remote sites WAN IP in order to maintain Internet connection when the VPN was disabled.

Any ideas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12