Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default OpenVPN 10.2.1 Server, 9.4.2 Client Issues

I recently upgraded a client's main site from 9.4.2 to 10.2.1 and keep having issues trying to reconnect the remote site which is still running 9.4.2 to the new Untangle box ... I am able to connect without any issues from my Windows 7 desktop but when I try to connect the 9.4.2 OpenVPN as a client to the 10.2.1 OpenVPN Server, I get the message "unable to verify connection to server." Any bright ideas about this one?

At this point, I assume that it's an issue with 9.4.2 to 10.2.1, so I am going to plan on driving out there tomorrow and installing 10.2.1 at the remote site but it would be great to not have to do that, thanks.

Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

edit:

sky-knight beat me to it.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Figured it was something like that but had not seen the article, will give it a try and post back, thanks guys.

Master Untangler

I will look at this further but it's still not working, though it takes a couple of minutes before coming back with the error message now.

The directory structure must be exact. The common mistake is there is a double duplicate directory at the top caused by the zip program used.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

Master Untangler

Yes, I had verified that even manually renaming and editing the archive within the original config.zip file using 7-Zip and still getting the same error message, being Unable to verify connection to server. I have verified that I am able to connect directly to the main site using either of the WAN Public IP addresses from the remote site and been able to Ping the main site from the remote site (which was an issue with this ISP recently at another site).
    Last edited by chmcwill; 06-27-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Master Untangler

This was working with Untangle 9.4.2 at both sites, we added a second WAN with Fiber to the main site in addition to the existing Cable connection and upgraded the machine at that time switching to Untangle 10.2.1. I am able to connect to both WAN's Public IP Addresses using OpenVPN from another location without any issues.

I have tried both the Individual Client and Network setting under Type for the configuration. Redownloaded the configuration files several times, moved the file locations within the configuration and even tried to use a single configuration ovpn file but still getting the same error message.
    Last edited by chmcwill; 06-27-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Master Untangler

I have to have this working today, it's a long drive out to the remote site if I have to go and reinstall Untangle 10.2.1 there. Any ideas?

Check your zip file conversion.
    If you re-zip it, make sure you re-zip it correctly.
    Often people rezip it wrong. It should not be within a subdirectory. It has to be in the specified format.

Other than that, no ideas... I would contact support.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast