Untangler

Default Site-to-Site 10.2 & 9.4.2

Ok, I'll be the first to say my VPN-fu isn't top notch...

I've successfully created multiple site-to-site VPNs using 10.2 by creating a "client" that I download config info for from both end-points and import the each-others (Site A imports site B and site B imports site A)

Now I want to create one between a 9.4.2 and a 10.2 client.

I ASSUMED the procedure would be similar. But instead of the Status, Server, Client, Event Log tabs I see in 10.2, in 9.4 I see Status, Clients, Exported Hosts and Networks, Advanced, Connection Event Log. I cannot find ANY place to import the config file from 10.2 (I HAVE modified it according to the FAQ).

I saw the note "To reconfigure the current OpenVPN mode remove the application from the rack and reinstall." on 9.4.2 but when I reconfigure, I only get Status, Server (if I remember correctly, I switched it back) tabs.

How the heck do I create a site-to-site VPN between a 10.2 server and a 9.4.2 server *AND* allow clients (laptops, etc) to connect to the 9.4.2 system as well?

Thanks!

Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Unfortunately, that's not helpful and not really the question. As I noted in the third paragraph (I HAVE modified it according to the FAQ).

The question was:
    How the heck do I create a site-to-site VPN between a 10.2 server and a 9.4.2 server *AND* allow clients (laptops, etc) to connect to the 9.4.2 system as well?

9.4 can not run as both a client and server at the same time.

Thats a 10.x feature.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

dmorris,

Thank you for responding and clearing that up. A lot of what I was reading suggested that that was not the case.