Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point to Point

Untanglit

Default Point to Point

i am trying to setup a point to point between two sites right now. we do have a t1 point to point but is down right now and trying to find something in place till the t1 line is fix. right now i have both sites connected to the remote site connected to our main site as the server. but how do i get traffic to route thought the vpn. cant seem to find any thing to help me get it up and running. remote site is 192.168.44.0 and the main site is 10.40.13.0 . the vpn pool address is 172.16.165.0 all networks are /24 networks. just need help with getting this sorted out

using unangle 11 on both sites.

Are the Untangles gateways for the clients on each site?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

the main site the untangle has a dedicated ip and i have my switch routing traffic to the untangle box. the remote site is behind a router of the isp that i have no control over but the untangle box is the main routing point for the remote site.

Does the remote Untangle have the Internal bridged to the External interface? If so and you have no control over the remote site router, then you will need add a route to each of the clients for the main site. A network diagram showing how the Untangles interfaces are configured would help clarify your scenario.

Untanglit

We are going to need more than a block diagram. Network diagram needs IP addresses and router interface configuration. The more information there is, the easier it is to help you.

Untanglit

working on getting that to you. going to ues visio this time with as much information of the setup as i can. been working on this is for 8 hours now so bare with me.

Untanglit

Attachment 6610

if i have to i can call up charter to do a port fowaring for the untangle but as of right now both untangle are connected on the vpn i can see data going thought in the gui but can ping from eather side.

First thing I notice is you have a double NAT at the remote site. First the charter router is NAT and then the Untangle is NAT. I commonly ask Comcast to switch to bridge. If the charter router cannot be reconfigured to bridge, then the remote site Untangle should be bridged. This will mean changes to the routing it has.

Since the T1 is down but previously worked, I suspect the remote and main Untangle have static routes to direct traffic across the T1. These routes are most likely taking precedence over the OpenVPN routes. I would disable the interfaces for the T1 and remove any related routes.

Untanglit

i have been clearing up the routing on the main site its routing all traffic from the 192.168.44.0 network over to the untangle on the main site. i have cleared all routing on the remote site and have had charter change the modem to bridged mode so untangle has a public static address.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast