Master Untangler

Default OpenVPN beginner setup

Hi, I've never used Untangle OpenVPN before, but was trying to make a VPN connection from home to a workstation at work.

Untangle handles everything, and our WAN ISPs are DHCP. We have no other routers or double NAT happening.
    The work workstation is on the same LAN as our Untangle router. It is running Win7.

I have had a little success, just not sure where to go next.
    At home on my Windows system, I have a green OpenVPN GUI connected to Untangle and showing a 172.16.2.x IP. So I got that far at least.

However, I tried to repeat the same process for the workstation at work (adding a remote client, downloading the windows installer for that new client, installing it on the work workstation), and that workstation will only show yellow (can't get a handshake from Untangle). Now, in OpenVPN-Server-Remote Clients, I was wondering if I should have changed from "Individual Client" to "Network"? If so, what would I put in "remote networks:" ?

Or perhaps I am way off base, and the work workstation requires something totally different installed on it. Or perhaps the work workstation does require the OpenVPN GUI to be running as well, and in addition that workstation also needs to be added elsewhere in the Untangle OpenVPN config.

Teamviewer works great, but I really wanted to try using a VPN to learn more about it.

Master Untangler

I figured it out.
    Thanks anyhow.

Glad we could help!
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com