Untangler

Default Use Main Office as gateway for all internet traffic

Hi,

I've got a main office with a remote office. The group I'm setting this up for wants to route all of the internet traffic for remote offices through the main office.

The Main Office has a 1000mbps/1000mbps connection with static IPs.

The Remote Office is on a local cable company connection that is much smaller pipe with dynamic IPs and is NAT'd by a crappy cable company router.

I have Site B connected to Site A with a Site-Site OpenVPN connection.

Network Mockup.png

My goal is to forward all traffic trying to reach the internet from the Remote Office Untangle to through the Main Office.

I can get DNS requests to forward by changing the DHCP settings in the Remote Office Router to the IP of the Main Office Router.

If I try to set the default gateway in the Remote office to the IP of the Main office it starts to throw no route found errors. I've tried changing various settings in the Routes section of the networking Config but I have not had any success getting this to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Arch

sorry, the openvpn app does not currently support full tunnel mode as a client
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Ok, Thanks for the info.

Is there a way to do it with IPsec? This is fairly critical the long term business roll out.

I also found this doc for how to make it work with PFsense. Fully understanding ofc that it is not Untangle, just curious if this would have any possibility of working?

https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Ro...in_PfSense_2.1

If its not, is this feature in the roadmap for future versions?
    Last edited by Archness; 06-10-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Yes, its something we hope to support in the future.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Given that you have such a large pipe at the main office, I'm surprised you didn't contact the provider for said large pipe and get a private link installed for the branch. This is what MPLS, or what Cox calls MetroE is for, screw VPN go private!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com