Untangler

Default OpenVPN clients to use AD DHCP?

Wanted to ask if itís possible to have OpenVPN clients use a DHCP scope from AD.
    No technical issues with my current setup but wanted to ask.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I'm aware of, OpenVPN is a DHCP service itself, and Untangle's implementation of it requires a separate routed IP range.

You can however, configure that DHCP via the OpenVPN configuration to pass out everything you need for AD to work, and you can list the OpenVPN address pool range in AD Sites and Services.

So with full integration possible, I suppose my question is, what use case are you trying to solve?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

the goal I was wanting is to have openvpn ip addresses registered via AD DNS so when it comes to reporting I actually see the device name (mostly phone/tablets so names usually come across just fine).

For untangle settings, were you referring to changing the pushdns setting away from the untangle server and to the DNS server?
    Guess I'm not quite seeing the exact steps for the full integration you are referring to.

Yes, you need to push DNS to an AD supporting DNS server, as well as push the DNS suffix. Once that's done any windows domain members will register with DNS for you.

Sadly, there is no way to register other gear.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com