Thread: OpenVPN Comcast

Default OpenVPN Comcast

I have 10 outside users connect to an Untangle router via OpenVPN, mostly without issues. For one user, she can connect her laptop from various locations with no problems, even using her cell as a hotspot, but not from her home. Her home service is provided by Comcast. I configured another laptop which I had her take home, and that had the exact same problem. Again, this 2nd laptop can also connect from other locations, but not through her home internet service.
    The user called Comcast, who of course denied that they could possibly be the problem.
    Any suggestions on what may be going on, and how to further diagnose the problem?

Ask her what she sees? Is there an error message in front of her? If so what does it say? I'd start there.

(I use comcast as do thousands of others, openvpn works fine)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Agree that it's not Comcast service itself that's the problem There are other users connecting to the same router that also have Comcast at home that don't have a problem.
    From the picture she sent, during the connection process, she gets:
    UDP link remote: [AF_INET]50.xxx.xxx.xxx:1194
    [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (-ping-restart)restarting
    [SIGUSR1[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting
    I'm trying to get more info from the user, such as: Is it there own router, or one supplied by Comcast. The user's spouse is the home tech support, so I hope to learn that by tomorrow.

That error indicates a lack of connectivity to your public IP address, assuming the device is actually on the Internet there'd have to be a firewall between the two devices blocking things.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

First question I asked was are you able to browse the Internet? Got a Yes to that.
    I need to find out more about their router, but hopefully a factory reset or replacement will do the trick.

First question I asked was are you able to browse the Internet? Got a Yes to that.
    I need to find out more about their router, but hopefully a factory reset or replacement will do the trick.

i would start by pinging 50.xxx.xxx.xxx from their location to see if they IP is even reachable.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Both of you can download AnyDesk and then you can take over her PC and check out her PC and network settings.