Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    When was the last time you reset the OpenVPN module?
    On this install, November 2016.

I had an interesting development earlier. I performed similar tests using Untangle servers with WOW! service, and I'm getting expected rates. So, there may be a common thread with OpenVPN here... VerizonLTE+Spectrum = BAD, VerizonLTE+WOW! = GOOD. That leads me to believe that Verizon isn't actively throttling OpenVPN. Yes, I know the answer in the end may be "it's the ISP, good luck", but the client needs to know the culprit. I didn't expect this to be a Untangle issue, per se.

Who is your ISP?

That 2016 concerns me... there are old keys at play here, and really old crypto models.

You might find things improve if you nuke the module and start over, you'll get a fresh set of defaults, an entirely different compression scheme, and several upgrades. One of which will ensure you can actually make new VPN clients, because you can't right now.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

That was a typo, I meant Nov 2017 (the new year messed me up, lol). I thought about the old cert though, but this install doesn't exhibit the problem, and I'm creating new clients weekly. We have to touch too many laptops in the field to consider new configs right now, unless I have some good evidence this will solve the bandwidth issue.

I'm considering putting in a test Untangle machine at the client on Monday. Just need to verify how large their IP block is with Spectrum so I can run both servers in parallel.

I don't think there's anything to gain from resetting a Nov 2017 setup. Those should be fine. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what's going on, if Verizon was rate limiting OpenVPN I'd be seeing it here... unless it's a market specific thing.

There could also be a common router between the Verizon segment in your area, and the network your head office is on. For years I was stuck with 800kb/s to Datto from a fiber line I run in Tuscon... Router in LA was doing it... nothing I could do.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12