Untanglit

Default Site to site.... strange thing

Long long time and user. Since the big update to the certificate encryption specs I have rebuilt my site to site open vpns.

I noticed that suddenly I cannot access my printers at the main site, nor can I access their control panels via IP address. I can however ping to them from the branch sites. I also have no problem with RDP or accessing files on the windows file server, etc located at the main site.

I have a main site, then two branch offices. Branch computers use the AD controller sitting behind the UT at the main site. Again all is well, solid performance for years.

I can ping and access the web panels of other branch printers though to either from the main site or branch site. So branch A can see branch Bís printers but neither branch can access the main sites printers.

The UT administrative panels are accessible at all branches and for all sites, as are remote VNC connections. So udp and tcp packets flow just fine between the three sites. And as expected between the two branchís. I have no blocking or firewall filtering at he main site UT box... so strange....

Hmm... you know way back in the day you had to reboot the remote Untangle servers to clear up some odd routing issues that acted a lot like this. I thought that was fixed... but you might give it a try?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Your right... the main UT acting as the hub for this site to site VPN has been up for 256 days as of today. I’m also going to be replacing the hardware this weekend. It is as old as I have been a member of this forum. Wow since 2010.

I might mess with the subnetting too. Make the addressing tighter. I have everything at a /16 .... clearly I don’t have that many hosts.

Untanglit

Just wanted to let you know sky-night I’m all good. Wasn’t a UT problem, it was the reservations on my windows server dhcp service which were messing with the printers. Anyway all solved. I also rebuilt all boxes to ssd msata drives and 8 gigs of ram. This should last me until next year.

Tighter subnetting seemed to make things feel quicker. I was running everything at /16 which meant a lot of ip space switch, after switching to /24 and re configuring my IP addressing (only have 10-15 devices at each site) everything is A+