Untangle Ninja

Default feature request: allow different host name for OpenVPN

I'd like to have the option to override the hostname for OpenVPN connections. Currently OpenVPN uses whatever is set in Config->Network->Hostname. I've got an install where it'd be handy to have the Untangle itself called "firewall.domain.com" but have the vpn connections connect to "vpn.domain.com" even though they're on the same box today. I'm making do with just calling the whole thing "vpn.domain.com", but it's not cosmetically ideal.

(yes, I do see the "Use Manually Specified Address" setting; that doesn't do what I want)
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 09-05-2019 at 11:50 AM.

In the meantime, why not change Untangle's host name to vpn.domain.com, and make a cname for firewall.domain.com that points at vpn.domain.com?

Then you get both names working.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

I already have that... but I'd like the URL's generated by untangle (like for the spam quarantine link) point to "firewall.domain.com" while the hostname in OpenVPN certificates is "vpn.domain.com". I did also use the "Use Manually Specified Address" setting so the untangle thinks it's name is "firewall" but the URL is "vpn.domain.com"

It's close to what I want, and maybe it's little more than cosmetics now, but it seems reasonable to want to be able to treat the OpenVPN service as separate from the rest of the firewall, with a different hostname. The same might also apply to IPSEC, I don't really use that, don't know if it even uses hostnames.

(another use case for this would be if you want OpenVPN clients to connect on a different public IP than the default IP used for other untangle "stuff"... the IT heart wants what it wants)
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 09-05-2019 at 01:12 PM.

+1 to the above request.
    Right now many years i have my untangle as vpn.domain.com instead of firewall.domain.com and i don't like it.