Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Alles View Post
    I think you now want to clean up the store on the win7 box, as well? I am not all that comfortable with certs, either.
    after deleting anything untangle there, re-install the OpenVPN client with a new download, mebbe.
    Maybe...but I believe my concern is with the IP address mismatch in the self signed cert so I'll wait to see what the boys say. In the mean time I also have a ticket in how to get that correct IP. Once that is completed I'll do the clean up on the clients and try again with a fresh install of the instances.

The self signed certificate will add all IP addresses assigned to Untangle anywhere, to it when you generate it.

You don't need to muck about with the client's certificate store at all either. What matters is if the keys used by OpenVPN client match up against the keys used by the OpenVPN server. I do not believe the server certificate has anything to do with this process either... As far as I know a certificate authority of sorts is configured just for OpenVPN to use. So simply removing the module, and starting over should reset it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Understood.

Just got the other certificate issue finally resolved (and no surprise...didn't solve the issue as you thought!)

App removed and reinstalled...and it's working!

Thx. Again.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12