Default Solution for connection problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 (and possibly others)

Configuration: Samsung Galaxy S9 with the latest software installed, attempting a connection using OpenVPN Connect client to the most recent Untangle Firewall with the OpenVPN Server installed and configured.
    -------------
    Symptom: OpenVPN Connect client by OpenVPN (from the Play Store) connects easily, and I was able to ping both directions over the OpenVPN tunnel. Reverse DNS worked properly but not DNS. Using both Samsung Internet and Chrome, I was never able to access any web servers by IP address on my target network from the S9 Client. IVMS-4200, a remote camera viewing app, also failed to connect to the specified IP address.
    -------------
    Solution: After trying every conceivable setting on both the Untangle Server and OpenVPN Connect with no success, I installed OpenVPN for Android by Arne Schwabe, imported the exact same ovpn file that I had used for OpenVPN Connect, and the connection worked immediately and perfectly, allowing access to all of the target network servers and cameras.
    -------------
    Clearly, there is some problem with the interaction between the OpenVPN Connect app and the Samsung Galaxy S9 as of 2020-03-05.

Untanglit

May I make a suggestion don't use the "Official" openVPN client published by OpenVPN. I found that app to be broken. Most Android users are now using OpenVPN for Android and it works on every Android phone I have installed it on. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...envpn&hl=en_US

Master Untangler

Just to put this out there as well, I have an older phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+ with Android Pie) and the official OpenVPN app works with Untangle 15.