Default Google Admin, Chromebooks, and OpenVPN?

Good afternoon,

I am currently looking for an Untangle off site web filtering solution for my school districts chromebooks. Has anyone been successful utilizing Google Admin to push Untangle's OpenVPN client config to several different chromebooks? The students will be taking their chromebooks home for the next few weeks and I was asked to see if I could still provide web filtering using Untangle.

In Google Admin under Device management > Networks > VPN we have the option to manually configure a VPN connection

I messed around for a couple hours today trying to get it to work but was unsuccessful. I even tried manually configuring a chromebook using an article found on Untangle's support page, but was also unsuccessful. I even re-installed openVPN and never messed with any of the settings under the advanced section.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Welcome

...to Untangle, and the forums!

You haven't mentioned "Import ONC file", seen in the screenshot:
    openVPN client.png
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 03-13-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks! I was able to manually import the onc file per chromebook but students can easily disconnect from it therefore bypassing the VPN. It's also not scalable as would have to manually touch each Chromebook and import the ONC file on each device manually. I am more so looking to utilize Google Admin to push the OpenVPN settings to all of the Chromebooks so that we can have off site filtering.

Thanks!

ah.
    yeah, different challenges.

I am not familiar w/ the Chromebook.