Default Auto disconnect timeout for clients

Is there a setting - there doesn't appear to be a checkbox that I can find - to automatically disconnect a VPN client after a certain length of time?
    We have a couple of users (they do well to get connected and remember their passwords) that are seemingly unable to remember to disconnect, so we have sessions that go on forever...

Untangle Ninja

No, there isn't a way to automatically disconnect a client that I've ever seen. It's never even occurred to me to want it. Does it matter if they stay connected?

onsquirrel,

If you're using OpenVPN, the following article sourced from the OpenVPN website should provide you with the answer you're looking for.

openvpn.net/vpn-server-resources/openvpn-tunnel-session-management-options/#Automatic_client_inactivity_disconnect_threshold

As Advanced configuration changes in OpenVPN aren't supported by Untangle support, if you encounter issues and require troubleshooting in the future after applying these changes, they'll likely have you revert your settings back to default before assisting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    No, there isn't a way to automatically disconnect a client that I've ever seen. It's never even occurred to me to want it. Does it matter if they stay connected?
    It is a minor (?) attack surface.

Oh, and some organizations are used to it because of per-seat licensing.
    If you think I got Grumpy