Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I always have DHCP active, I don't do static anything anymore. Especially with Unifi gear.

If I want to move a controller, I should just have to change a DNS record and watch it happen as DNS time's out. But it's also nice to use the DHCP option method, because it means I can have a different controller on each VLAN if I want. Handy if you're multi-tenanting an Untangle protected network.
    No DHCP / IP reservations ?
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    No DHCP / IP reservations ?
    Oh I use those all the time, but that's not a static configuration. Actual static IP configurations to me are bonkers, unless it's a DHCP server, or a Domain Controller EVERYTHING is DHCP, and if it needs to not move reservations ensure they don't. That way I can renumber by configuring a few devices and a DHCP scope, and not be stuck going to a hundred devices manually.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I'm using the DNS method for discovery (A record for unifi on the local network). And DHCP is active, but devices aren't picking up an address. It was working a few hours ago.

But now I have a couple days off. More on Monday when I'm back (this all needs to go live that Friday :/ ) The building had absolutely no networking at all when we got it... I ordered 12 boxes of cable and personally pulled more than 3/4 of it over the last two weeks, so this is time well earned.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12