Master Untangler

Default Client MAC Vendor

If I want to base a Policy Manager rule off of Client MAC Vendor ID, the ID I use should just have to match the Vendor as listed in the Hosts list, correct?

2.png

In this case if I specifically wanted to target Apple devices on a specific interface I would make 3 rules with "Apple" "Apple, Inc" "Apple Inc." and the specific interface, correct?

Changing the Client MAC vendor as appropriate, like so, correct?

3.png

Or use *Apple* to catch them all.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Ah, so I can use wildcards there, thanks.

Be careful with the iphones and ipads if they are in your environment and need another policy rule
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Master Untangler

What I'm doing here is targeting 40 school owned iPads that run on locked down and filtered WiFi network that's available just for staff purchased devices that they use in their classrooms - think of it like a BYOD network, but they're purchased with classroom funds so "technically" they aren't IT devices as the teachers manage them. I'll be honest, I don't fully like that policy, but It's easy enough to control them with Untangle, and that network doesn't touch anything else.

I just need to target that subset of devices on that network to send them through a different, slightly less locked down rack due to some chances in software the school's using for instruction.

So I'm targeting by two conditions specific interface - Staff WiFi - and vendor - Apple - to avoid grabbing devices that would be on our on our Student/Guestnet or other Untangle Interfaces.

My better choiche?: play with dhcp (whatever dhcp server run) scopes to manage ip ranges to apply policy.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not