Default Minecraft EDUCATION stops working when tested on Pupil policy

Hi, I have an odd problem, after the latest upgrade of Untangle Minecraft education stopped connecting to the WORLD of the teacher (this is in LOCAL)... If the teacher connect both computers to TEACHERS POLICY (and TEACHER WIFI) then pupils can connect to the world he creates... but if teacher and pupils connect to PUPILS WIFI network which uses the PUPILS policy then they can not connect to his world anymore... hace tried turning OFF all the applications in the Pupilst policy and still no go (Webfilter, firewall, Virus Blocker, Virus Blocker lite, Phish Blocker, Reports, Wan failover, Wan Balancer)...

Have opened ports, redirected ports, and still no go.. And there is nothing opened on teachers network and with all the APPS ON, the world still works...

Any recomendation on what to do next?.. im kind of stuck..

Thanks

I think you're blaming Untangle for something it cannot do.

If you've got two computers on the kid's wifi, I assume that puts them on the same VLAN and associated IP network correct?

If that's the case, Untangle is never involved. Those two devices will attempt to communicate directly. Which means software firewalls on the devices, or wireless isolation directives on your WAPs are to blame.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 10-29-2020 at 07:48 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks, will have a look into the UNIFI setup... must be that, local software Firewalls are off on both... its just weird because it worked before the update, and it works fine if both are on teachers network wirelessly, but then again they are on different switch and different wireless settings.... Thanks again for clarifying its not the untangle, a part from first setup with the untangle team I havent played much with it... It just works