Thread: Help!!

Master Untangler

Default Help!!

I had a simple setup going at a customer, and they decided they wanted content filtering per user. (latest ut v)

So I installed AD connector and Policy manager. All was well. I started doing the racks.. some users can browse all sites, some can't do social networking, etc....

WELL, that all works fine... but it blocked KASEYA, our monitoring software! At first I thought it was protocol control, so I turned that off... and BAM, all the PC's showed online again.. then went away. Ok, so I added kaseya's IP's and Sites to the web filter. ALL came back online again.. then went back offline and can't connect!

This is driving me crazy!!!! It's just a simple port 443 connect! I can't even browse to the site on the PC's. It gives page can't be displayed. HELP!

I have disabled everything on all racks.. still no connection. This all started since I setup different racks.
    Last edited by Rick@BBM; 01-22-2009 at 06:39 AM.

Master Untangler

Ok, and the weird part is.. their server.. it never has problems. In fact.. untangle doesn't even track it's traffic in any rack. WTF

Master Untangler

Untangle + Kaseya works just fine. We have several client sites with Untangle + Kaseya agents. We even run Untangle in front of our Kserver (over 1000 open connections)!

Your KAgents do not use 443 they use port 5721 (unless you changed the default). I wouldn't suspect the webfilter at all and look at the protocol filter and intrusion protection. Simply turning these off one at a time and seeing what happens should isolate which module is causing you grief. Then once identified, you can check each rule in the offending module and findout which rule you enabled that is causing the problems.

Good luck and let us know if you need more help.

Master Untangler

no luck. Also, the user rules are not listening to the policy manager. I have usernames set for certain racks to block sites, and it's not doing it. Some do, some dont.

Master Untangler

It requires that the login script is run. Make sure a GPUpdate is done at each machine (you can use Kaseya for this). Also, if you have laptops, if they connect to the network with cached credentials, they don't run the login script. This poses a different problem altogether, and if you search for my threads on AD connector and policy manager I have a pretty detailed solution on these forums for this.

I am certain that you are just having a configuration issue. I would turn off the policy manager rules that separate out the users and put them in their old rack. Move things over slowly and you will find the problem.

Master Untangler

Ever since I enabled policy manager, I've been having a DNS issue where the Kaseya agents show offline/online every 30sec-1min. I removed the untangle and still having the issue now.. so once I get that fixed, I'll try it again. I used Kaseya for the logon script.. I'm a ninja at that program, been using it for 2 years. I use it to do things they never thought it would do/can do