Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mini Charts and Reports

Hi,

I'm Bill Takacs, a new product manager here at Untangle. I'll be posting from time to time to get input on our products. All in the spirit of making Untangle do you what you need it to do.

One of the things we're working on is the mini-charts that are on each appliance. They currently show activity, sessions, and data rate (see attached screen shot). We'd like to create a library of mini-reports that users can choose from. In addition we'd like to make them customizable so you can create your own.

With that in mind, what information, data or status should we display on the appliances. They can be different for each appliance.

Cheers,
    Bill

Can they they show some random Hooter's Girl everyday?

I think the info they currently show is useful. A nice addition though would be to have the ability to see the number of events/violations in each module for the current day. This would give a nice quick and dirty look at whats going on to see what needs the most attention at the present time. Maybe on the OpenVPN module, show the number of users currently logged in.

Oh and btw, welcome to the forums Bill

LoL, good one Silver Bullet. What I was thinking, if you hover over the graphs, it will zoom x2 or something. Or if you click on the graph, it will zoom so you can read it.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by gotkimchi
    if you hover over the graphs, it will zoom x2
    LOL... the enlarging of the daily hooter's girls sounds too much like something the webfilter should block ....LOL

Seriously, that would be cool gotkimchi. I think I would prefer the click and zoom

While we are talking about interface changes/improvements/modifications... I would like to be able to have a button on the side to pull up log files. Have it either pre-configured with some that will be most commonly viewed or configurable to where you can set the logs that are displayed. Maybe in like a tabbed window.

Right below the support button or maybe even embedded in the current support page/button.

The click and zoom feature will be great.

Also,

1. A system Activity graph, something like gkrelm that shows memory, cpu, etc, like this:

2. Smap graph/live_report like this:

3. Under protocol control: something that shows live connections, like this :

4. Under WEB FILTER a graph/log that show the categories of what users are browsing. For example, we are not blocking any category, just logging, but the reports don't show what kind of sites (categories) our users are going to, like this:

Thanks!
    Last edited by juank; 06-12-2008 at 08:00 AM.
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado
    --------------------------------

Untangler

vote_juanks_ideas++

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mostak View Post
    With that in mind, what information, data or status should we display on the appliances. They can be different for each appliance.
    I have used ntop in the past for network traffic monitoring and thought its layout of information very nice. You can click on the graphics to get a more granular view and additional graphics are available as more time passes (i.e. day, week, month, etc.). I am a BIG fan of "Top 10" type lists...for identifying issues for resolution.

good stuff juank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast