Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Moe

Angry Reports changed, now suck

Since the Oct 1st, one of my sites has been producing a new style report that I don't find useful or an improvement!

My other 2 sites still send the "old" style Daily and Weekly reports...

Now the Subject line reads; "New Untangle Reports Available"

And I get a PDF file named reports-20091001.pdf (based on the given date) and it's this 58+ page report that is worthless to me...

How do I get this box to return to the older style reporting???

-Moe

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Since the Oct 1st, one of my sites has been producing a new style report that I don't find useful or an improvement!

My other 2 sites still send the "old" style Daily and Weekly reports...

Now the Subject line reads; "New Untangle Reports Available"

And I get a PDF file named reports-20091001.pdf (based on the given date) and it's this 58+ page report that is worthless to me...

-Moe
    Old styling did not showed how much users taken the bandwith and did have a clue on it . just a writing was there . Now in new reports there is a graph which makes you visually understand how much that user used the internet more clearly . That is how i like about it But if again you want to switch to the older sytler please wait for someone who can redirect you and guide you accordingly.

Untangle Ninja

Hi,
    I am sorry to here that you don't like the new Reporting module.
    And I am sorry to informe that you cannot revert back to the old.
    The only way to revert back would be to install a 6.2 version.
    And then never update.

What in the reportin is usless ?

Untangler

For me (at a high school) the ability to have specifics in an incident or network infraction was key to dealing with the issue. I do like the new bandwidth and graph aspects but for a internet content management system to take away detailed reports concerning user activity is very crippling when it comes to actually dealing with an incident especially if your building a case over a time period.

Lex

Hi,

I have noticed that Untangle now sends new reports, I feel that they have their uses for some administrators, but now the other facts, and information in regards to data which has been used (Mb) by host, and protocol, are missing. Needless to say now i don't see any relevant information of which website are being viewed the most and how much data is being transferred back and forth between those sites. I would assume some network administrators, require this information to keep track. If there was a way to combine the old reports and incorporate the new reports into the old reports, I would assume most administrators would agree that this might be more suitable reporting system. I personally don't mind how large the report file is that is being sent to me as long as I receive all information. This aids in exactly determining if there are machines, or even users on the network that are abusing their internet privileges.
    In addition the new reports show me information, and yet I am unsure if this is weekly or daily, as I compared it to the old reports which I have received.

I would appreciate any feed back in regards to the reporting system, and it at all it will be possible to combine both the old and the new reports together.

Thanks.

Untanglit

Unhappy

For us the old style report worked fine. The new report is pretty much useless. If they could combine the two it would work for us.
    Tallwood Technology Group

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by hs-admin View Post
    For me (at a high school) the ability to have specifics in an incident or network infraction was key to dealing with the issue. I do like the new bandwidth and graph aspects but for a internet content management system to take away detailed reports concerning user activity is very crippling when it comes to actually dealing with an incident especially if your building a case over a time period.
    Same situation here.

Master Untangler

Maybe I missed it, but I would have preferred a longer beta cycle to have more user input on the reports.

We appreciate all constructive criticism.

You will find detailed reporting information available through the webgui.

Please see: http://forums.untangle.com/reports/1...html#post74835
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

new reports dont work for any of my client(22 clients each running dedicated UT boxes).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast